4. Explanation. Please

No One's POV

"But vampires can not procreate. How is Ms. Forbes being pregnant is even a possibility?" Elijah asked

"Well nothing is impossible especially with Klaus. Think about it, they call him 'The Hybrid.' Alive for a thousand years. Werewolf by birth, vampire born of magic... and when it comes to Ms. Forbes, some werewolves have been known to have mates but there is another version of this bond; they are called true mates which are even more rare. I haven't read the certain passage pertaining to true mates in years but I do recall that they become one. They will share everything: emotions, thoughts and strengths and abilities."

Caroline's eyes widen in shock and is unable to breathe.

"Still that does not explain. How. The. Hell. Could I be Pregnant." Caroline asks punctuating every word.

Declan sighs, "Vampires may not be able to have kids but wolves can. In this case with the possibility of a True Mate Bond you both will be hybrids and so both carry the ability to procreate. But in any case this is one of many possibilities that are to explain this. This is just the one that I first thought of. I will read over my notes of the bond and proceed to find a spell to confirm or disprove my theory. So take a breath Ms. Forbes." Caroline releases a breath she did not realize she had been holding. She looks over to Klaus who is doing everything to avoid eye contact with her.

His inner monologue running rapid at the thought of a kid. It had been over a millennia since Klaus last thought of even the possibility of having children. And he is freaking out!