the nutcase

A/N: Just remember, if you're in Texas or any of the states that will be listed along the story, you can change it into somewhere where you don't live. I, myself don't actually live in the U.S but since our TUA is set in U.S, I have no choice lmao. Also I apologize if there are some misinformation, I'm doing most U.S states and cities by research.

But anyways, enjoy reading!

_

Everything was a blur when she woke up.

There were voices, mingled together that almost sounds like ringing to her ears. It hurts--pounding against her skull as she breathed a soft groan.

A couple of seconds passed, and her eyes finally adjusted to the new scenery. 

Blue.

The sky is so blue today.

A shadow appeared over her head and she squinted her eyes, almost upset.

"Hey, kid. Are you okay?" A deep voice rung in her ears, bouncing across her skull as she closed her eyes tightly.

Where am I?

"Kid?"

"...where...?"

"She's awake!"

"Oh thank heavens."

"Poor girl..."

The voices are much clearer now and she slowly lifted her body in a sitting position, eyes tightly closed due to the pain burning through her muscles.

Wincing, she finally opened her eyes. Her vision adjusted once more, but when everything finally came clear, her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"W--where am I?!" Frantically standing up despite the pain, her eyes darted all over the place, panic settling in her core in full force.

"Woah, woah, woah kid, relax!" The same old man placed his hands up to the girl, showing he's no threat. There are many others standing around her, their faces displaying pity, confusion and disturbed.

Turning to the man, she gulped, her eyes glossed over but no tears came out, "sir please, I..I don't know where I am."

"You're in Round Top, Texas, kid."

Texas?! 

She must've said it out loud because the man nodded his head. The crowd finally started to disperse, but she could hear them murmuring amongst themselves. Finally turning to him, she spoke.

"How did I end up here?"

"Oh kid, how do I know? We just saw you sleeping out here! Are you lost? Where are your parents?"

She scrunched her face, finally taking in the sight of her dirty hands. Although they look like coal on the outside, they definitely are not.

She remembered where she was.

Definitely not here on Earth.

Gulping, images of dry lands and smoke filled her head. There were a lot of things flying over her, and more importantly, a tall and thin figure was beside her, dressed in colorful and beady robes. It wasn't speaking, but she could definitely understand that it meant no harm.

She blinked her eyes, snapping the daze she was just in. The man is waving his hand in front of her, "you zoned out there. Were you in a house fire? You are real messy lookin', kid."

"What? Oh, oh no...I was...um...camping by myself...I might've had too much to drink."

The man looked at her in a reprimanding manner and she cursed inwardly. 

"You look too young to be drinkin'."

She shook her head, "yeah, no, um, I just look young but I'm actually twenty-one." Lie.

"What's your name?"

"Uh..." giving her real name will only cause trouble, so thinking quickly, she replied, "Ruth." Another lie.

The man nodded his head, still skeptical, "well, Ruth, do you know your way back?"

Don't give away too much information, she told herself. Looking through his eyes, he seemed harmless enough, so shaking her head, she spoke lowly, "no, I'm afraid not..."

"Alright, I'll help ya. My wife can help you clean up." 

"Wait, really?" Just like that? 

Surprised, she was hesitant to follow, but the man gave a reassuring smile, "My wife'll have my head if I ain't a good Samaritan even just for today."

"O--oh...if it's not too much trouble...then yes."

Nodding his head, he motioned her to follow, "it's no problem, lady. You look like you've been through hell, even just for a camp."

Clumsily stumbling, she followed, "thank you."

"Alright."

_

"For the past five days, there's been accidents leading to this girl. First at Westfield, Indiana--locals say they found her asleep, and gone the next. Then power went out, started from where she was. Still no power to this day. Next was Webster, Iowa, same thing but when she left, marine life started dying. One of the only differences is Gardnerville in Nevada, farmland harvests started getting bountiful."

"I don't get it."

Diego shot an exasperated look at Klaus, "there are other cases but as of recently, these cities have the biggest effects. They're saying it's odd, this girl appears out of nowhere, asleep, is then helped by a local, and once she's left--weird shit started happening. First local who helped her said she was speaking about other dimensions, some dark figure after her."

"Sounds like a case of schizophrenia to me," Five sighed, "this is a waste of time. I don't deal with that."

Allison gave him a look to which he ignored.

"No, it's too weird. She has no vehicle, it's impossible to travel through hundreds to thousands of miles from one state to another within a day." Luther frowned, looking through some of the CCTV photos Diego managed to smuggle.

"That's what I'm saying." Diego replied.

"No, it's what I said." Luther argued.

"Look, maybe she has the same powers as Five. We never know." Allison cut inbetween the two, giving them a look.

Ben, who has been silent all this time to listen, spoke, "but even then, it's become a problem. These cities are getting affected by something she caused. And if this continues, who knows what she'd be able to do next."

"Then, it's best we find her. Maybe we can stop anymore after effects once we know what we're dealing with." Vanya piped up.

"But how?" Klaus almost whined.

Five skimmed through the photographs and police reports, "Where's the recent city she's seen at?"

Diego glanced at Five from the police report he has in his hand, "Round Top, Texas."