moribund

A/N: you guys...shit is gonna go crazy. Are y'all ready?

Also, very long chapter ahead!

_

The morning is silent.

[Name] found herself within Five's arms on the early hours of the 23rd. Her tears has not dried, nor the did the ache in her heart has numbed. She breathed in shakily, tears still blurring her vision as she held him tighter, and closer hoping that being surrounded by him will ease her suffering. It did not, but comfort still envelops her.

It's only just the two of them with Ben and Klaus, with the other pair sitting on the front porch while Aurelia is settled on the chair within its confides. She holds a cigarette in between her index and middle fingers, obviously in dampened mood. She has never smoked a day with them, nor does she look like the type to smoke, but the events must be weighing heavier on her more than it should. Klaus has tried to get a whiff, but the older woman just smacked him straight in the head. He didn't try the second time.

Five's hands remained encircled around [Name]'s form,  his lips pressed firmly on her temple as they watch the sun peek over the horizon of trees. It's bright, but not enough to blind them into closing their eyes. The girl breathes out a sigh.

Saying goodbye this morning to the Lambert's has been the most difficult thing she has faced. Ruby was bawling, despite being not told the whole truth about how [Name] is never coming back. The child had thought the older girl will only be leaving for another country, completely oblivious to the fact she will never come back. It hurts. Having to lie to her like that, but everyone knows Ruby won't take it too well. So with one last kiss goodbye to the child's cheeks, [Name] had bid them goodbye.

Even with her eyes closed, she sees their devastated faces, and even Angel was crying as she watches the [h/c] haired girl go.

[Name] buried her head deeper within Five's chest, choking back a sob. This farewell hurts the most of all, because it feels like a every goodbye uttered to her—all said at once.

When the five of them hears the revving of engine noises, they all turn their heads to glance at the uphill of the house, seeing Vanya and Allison in the same car outside the fences. Klaus and Ben stands, while Luther and Diego head out to see who has finally arrived. Diego holds a nasty glare, obviously upset with the fact he got rumored into sleeping through the president's assassination. He opted to ignore his siblings and friends.

[Name] slowly pulls away, wiping her eyes and cheeks. Five's hand settles on her lower back, and she watch as two teary-eyed women walk over to them. Vanya looks so heartbroken, and while Allison look devastated herself—her eyes display acceptance and contentment.

When they finally slow to a stop, Klaus walks in between them to settle his arms around their shoulders to comfort them. Five actually holds a soft smile on his face as he finally places his hands in his pockets, "are we all ready?"

Diego clicks his tongue, "I don't know, are we?" Luther bumps his shoulder with his and Diego just rolls his eyes.

Aurelia chuckles with sombreness, before standing and ditching his cigarette, "well, I guess this is goodbye?" She smiles at them, pulling her niece in an embrace which the girl did not hesitate to reciprocate. As the two relish in the hold, [Name] murmurs.

"How would I be able to do this? I...I never got successful with my training..." her tone holds doubt and fear, but the woman just holds her tighter.