changes in time

Klaus releases a dramatic exhale of breath as he pushes the door open. Nobody answered the door, and so, he and Ben decided to just head inside. Surprisingly, it's not locked. Ben couldn't help but worry.

"[Name]? Five?" Ben and Klaus call out, but the silence is the only thing that greets them. The house is dark because of the curtains, the view of the sunset being obscured. The two glances at each other with worry, but fear flashes in Klaus eyes.

It's like a setting of a vintage horror film, he notes. He did not like that.

"Ben, I think we should go." Klaus whispers to Ben, but his brother is already walking ahead, "Ben!"

"You're such a coward. It's barely dark." Ben states with no ill-intent, but Klaus gasps.

"I am not. I'm just saying this is how...people in horror movies die!"

The creaking of a door silences them both, and Klaus gulps as he grips on Ben. The latter glances at him with a frown, "[Name]?" Ben continues forward, despite Klaus desperate pulling on him and his silent hissing.

"Ben!"

When they turn the corner, a large door greets them, and Ben wastes to time pushing it open. It's the library. Ben's face lights up almost instantly, contrasting Klaus' scrunched expression, fear displayed over his features. 

"Wow..." Ben lets out a breathless chuckle, and Klaus shakes him.

"Most definitely not 'wow'!"

Shuffling reaches their ears, and Klaus releases a shrill scream as a book drops to the floor. Ben's already on his way to run, but a soft whisper stops the two as a lamp flickers open.

"Klaus? Stop screaming." [Name]'s sits up from the couch on the second floor of the library, her hair untamed and obviously still drowsy. 

"Oh God, [Name]...you scared us!" Klaus exclaims nervously as his hold on Ben loosens. The latter looks sheepish. The two notices the fallen book laying on her feet, and they realise she must've fallen asleep whilst reading. But what they didn't realise is Five sitting up from beside her.

Klaus releases another scream.

Five hisses as he puts a hand on his ears, "Jesus, Klaus! What are you, six?" He angrily spat, grabbing the fallen book as [Name] awkwardly shuffles in her feet, finally standing.

The eyes of the two men by the door widens, and Klaus glances at Ben, "oh?"

[Name] shuffles down to them, fixing her hair as her cheeks burn in a flustered manner, "it's—it's not like that!" She cries out as Five decides to hide himself by laying back down on the couch. He opens the book and covers his face with it, obviously flustered as well. Although, a small smirk curls at his lips hearing her so flustered.