right back where we started

➳  JANUARY 1st, 1960

[Name] fell unto the ground with a thud, along with the echoes of fireworks and cheering.

The skies are littered with bright shades of red, yellow and blue and the disorientated girl scrambles to her feet while her her eyes are squinted due to the fireworks. The air feels weird, she notes, and her eyes travel to the dozens of people in the middle of the road. They are all cheering and laughing, some stood on their cars and others kiss under the continuous stream of fireworks. 

A particularly loud one snatches her attention away, and she releases a breathless gasp as she stumbles to the wall. She brings a hand to her bleeding forehead, before wincing at the pain it caused. Realizing she's alone, her eyes widens and she stands straight, her wide and panicked eyes traveling all over the place as she searches for familiar faces.

But she sees nobody she knows. In fact, she sees nobody the could've possibly came in her own timeline. Confusion is etched across her face, and she feels her breath quicken as she stunbles away from the alley and the noise which is only worsening her incoming migraine.

Am I dreamingWhere's Five and everyoneDid they leave me?

Shaking her head at the thought, she bumps into somebody. The man releases a noise of surprise, and she splutters an apology before scrambling away. The man tries asking her if she's okay, but afraid of the unfamiliar, [Name] continues running.

Running.

She's running again.

Just keep running.

Hot tears streams down her face and she cries as she runs. I don't know where I am... 

With blurry vision, she doesn't notice the path she's been following, until the noises died down into faint whispers and the fireworks dims. Gasping for breath as she coughs, and the girl reaches for the tree near her, sliding down harshly on the large roots of the plant as she breaks down.

Within minutes, she's finally able to calm herself. Opening her [e/c] eyes, she glances at what's before her. It's a less crowded and populated road that's leading out of town. The buildings around are scarce, and only a few people appears to be here, and most of them are far from where she's at. Sniffling, her eyes focuses on a large business sign.

JACKIE'S, since 1950.

Is this the 1950s?! With wide eyes, she stands up, glancing around to find a newspaper stand. Finding a small shop at the end of the road, she runs over to it. The shop is closing, and she notices it's a small and simple floral shop. Seeing a lady inside, she scrambles in.

The bell rings above the door, and the half Asian woman swiftly turns to greet her with a smile, but seeing her dirtied form and bleeding forehead, the woman's smile falters. 

But [Name] doesn't pay any mind to it, "excuse me, what's the date today?" She asks in a haste, and the woman clears her throat.