closer

A/N: i know for some it may be weird that reader is now 22 while five remained 19, and i just want to explain my decision; first, Five has the mind of a 29 year old, and I may or may not be comfortable with the gap then LMAO but yes, secondly, Five is turning 20 soon, since in the original timeline, its September.

For the most part,  the point of views which will be used are Five's and Reader's. And I will still be using the girl to address her, because i got used to it HAHA

That's all, enjoy reading and thanks for the reads!!!! :oo please leave kudos and feedback if you enjoy my work!

_

NOVEMBER 16th, 1963

"Can you carry Angel?"

A young lady in a floral dress is seen holding a toddler no older than one, her [h/c] hair tied with a colorful scarf as she helps settle the child in her arms. The market is bustling with noise, everyone on their feet as a new stand just opened. 

"Okay..." Came the reply of a clearly struggling young man who is holding paper bags filled with different items, his brown hair cleanly styled as he puts the bags on the counter while the lady placed the now babbling child. The toddler looks at him with inquisitive eyes, before glancing back to the lady who paid the cashier who didn't look up from where she's working.

Grabbing the change, the two switched once more as the lady carries the baby on her side, the man grabbing the heavy bags with a grunt, "do we um...pass by the paint shop or...?"

"I think we'll just go by another time. Your mom wants those condiments now." She replies with a smile, and he nods in affirmation while the baby in her arms cheers as if knowing they're coming home. They head on outside, but not before the man bumps into a large figure who immediately grabs him by the arm. But the items inside the paper bag aren't so lucky, some of it dropping to the floor while the lady gasps in surprise.

"Robbie!" 

"I—I'm sorry, I didn't see you." The large man apologetically helps the fallen lad pick up the items, his figure overpowering the view of the lady who couldn't quite put her finger on where she'd heard that voice. But Robbie dismisses it, apologizing as well before standing straight and nodding in thanks.

"No problem. Have a good one." 

The big man nods to him in return, before glancing back to the lady amd the toddler in her arms. When his eyes met hers, shock is immediately painted across their features.

"[Name]?'

"Luther?"

Robbie glances at the two of them, nervous as Angel's face slowly turns sour at the hiccup, obviously wanting to get home. But the two familiar acquaintances stumbles with their words, unable to say just exactly what's in their minds. Until, [Name] gives him Luther a warm smile.