the caligo

The hours flew by quicker than expected. During mealtime, Five explains what exactly he saw in the future, and how he met The Handler when he came back.

Ever since Reginald Hargreeves had passed, their dickhead of a father, the siblings had been an open target for rogue governments, and apparently, the Commission is now also considered rogue. Especially with the recent deaths of all the board members, which Five says is irrelevant when [Name] asked how exactly they were killed. Somehow, the girl was able to see through his lie. She dare not ask any more.

When Five left for more important matters which she guesses is taking a bath, she decided to get to know the siblings better. Luther is a bit more distant than the rest, contradicting to [Name]'s first impression of him being a huge teddy bear. She somehow feels that he's not very fond of her. She tries not to let it bother her so much, although she wanted to know more about Number One.

Diego was a bit guarded at first, but ultimately let loose when [Name] mentioned her grandfather was a professional knife thrower. He seems smug with the fact he can bend the aim trajectory of his blades unlike her very ordinary, family man grandfather. She was amused the whole time he looks proud. She also found out he's applying for the police academy, and she gives him her best wishes.

Klaus remained the same, and was keen on making Ben greatly uncomfortable with his childhood stories. They seem closer together than the rest.

Vanya is currently studying music, meanwhile, and most importantly,  violin, which Vanya found out is one of the greatest ways of training her powers. She hopes to get first line by the end of her studies, and knowing how naturally kind and talented Vanya is, [Name] did not doubt for a second.

Allison is an aspiring actress. She managed to hide the fact she was from The Umbrella Academy, but given her powers, she can rumor anybody who might know. She's slowly gaining more spotlight, and [Name] is amazed to realize Allison was one of the people she had seen on a movie in the TV. Her father loved the film, and Allison found this fact very flattering.

When she finally talked to Ben, he's a bit more reserved than what she'd expected. He said he likes books and literature, and would one day love to maybe write his own or build a library. [Name] couldn't help the smile the moment Ben continued rambling about his favorite literary pieces, and although she wasn't a big reader of books, she likes watching him talk about it.

When they separated and she was shown where she'd sleep for a while, she lets the emptiness swallow her whole. She doesn't know when would be a good time to call her grandfather, debating on what exactly to tell him. He's more tamed than her grandmother, and a lot softer too.

Almost immediately, she feels the anxiousness on the promise of Klaus to conjure her late grandmother. But her longing to see her overpowers the anxiety, and she takes a deep breath to keep herself together. She'll see her grandmother again, she'd be able to help her, and then she'd be able to save the world. She promised herself she won't disappoint Five.

At the sudden mention of the boy in her mind, she plops on the bed, the tiredness seeping into her bones. Five is a very difficult person. He's not good with emotions and seems to have a hard time expression himself clearly.