spider webs

Luther enters Jack Ruby's Strip Club, the music and chatter familiar in his ears as he makes way to the bar, greeting those that he passed by in an automatic reflex. A beautiful young woman greets him as he settles by the bar, and he gives her a smile, "Hey Autumn, how's business?"

The woman places a drink in front of her, smiling, "still waiting for the big tippers to show up." Just right after she spoke, Luther turns his head to a commotion by the main center, seeing Jack Ruby being bothered by a man who's clearly drunk.

"Who's the half-wit bothering Mr. Ruby?"

"No idea, but he's been putting away vodka gimlets like they're gonna run out of limes." She replies and Luther scoffs in amusement as he watches the man trip over his own feet.

"Oh, yeah? He give you any trouble?"

"Not yet." Autumn hums as they watch the man pull out something to show Mr. Ruby who's clearly uninterested, "but he's getting there." Mr. Ruby ignores him, instead focusing on his guests as he pours them a glass of alcohol. 

"I'm more worried about the boy."

"What boy?" Luther frowns, a bit disturbed of a kid getting inside the club. But when Autumn points by the stage, his eyes follow and they widen for a fraction.

"By the stage. I told him we don't allow minors." Luther almost releases a laugh. Minor...

He sees Five sitting casually, a drink beside him as he watches the woman upfront dance in a sultry manner. For a moment, Luther stays still in amusement, "Oh, yeah? And what'd he say?"

Autumn chuckles as she recalls their conversation, amused, "he asked what time I was getting off work." She laughs softly as she shakes her head, grabbing the empty glass by Luther as he stands to walk over his  brother he hasn't seen for a long time.

"She's too young for you." Luther finally says as he reaches Five, head tilt downwards to talk to Five over the loud noise of the club.

Five scoffs, noting the fact that he's not that old, "Nice to see you too, Luther." He greets him without even batting him an eye, sipping from the glass he got from earlier. 

"What do you want?"

"For you to stop hovering like an ambitious stripper and sit down with me," Five quips, and Luther follows despite his hint of annoyance, "how long have you been here?"

"A year, thanks to you." The bigger man bitterly remarks and Five's gaze softens, obviously regretting the botched jump he couldn't quite control. 

"I'm sorry, Luther. I know that couldn't have been easy." He softly replies but Luther snaps at him.

"I thought everybody was dead." Luther remembers just a day ago, eyebrows furrowing as he thinks of [Name]. In his heart, he weighs his choices. Especially on whether to tell Five of his discovery or not. But knowing that [Name] might already have a family of her own, there's no way she'd still come after Five. Sighing, he opens his mouth to speak, but his attention snaps back to Mr. Ruby and the persistent drunk man.