the reason for being

Notes:

A/N: There's also a subplot I will follow from season 2, and I know you all know which this is!!!!! EXCITED SCREAMING

italics - visions, thoughts, emphasis

_

"This one? Okay, let's see...oh, this is a gift, from a relative—female relative," visions of a woman in a brown coat flashes inside her brain, the music box settled in the woman's palm as the young child grasps it for her own, wondrous laughter ringing out, "it was given to you when you were young, a woman in a brown coat." [Name] blinks a couple of times as the vision clears, her green hues returning to her previous [e/c] eyes. 

The woman in front of her has her lips parted, surprise and wonder plastered on her face, "that's...that's right. That's my aunt." The girl gives the now worn music box to the woman—who she's come to know as Ingrid, a Mexican immigrant in her early 30s that has the ability to foretell the possible future.

Coming here the first time, she'd thought Ingrid was a fraud, but for the most part that she'd read her cards and spent time with her, she's come to believe the woman who she felt somehow connected to, and counting the fact that she also managed to tell that she is going to meet a deceased relative within the next few days.

Ingrid also says that the number Five is going to be play a huge part in her life. She didn't know how to feel about this since she's met a prick named Five. Ingrid also says that all people with psychic abilities have the instinct to identify people with great intuition and are closer to the universe like themselves, as well as know about spirits and other planes of being. Somehow, she found comfort in that. Meeting Klaus, and now Ingrid. At the thought, she smiles.

"Thanks, Ingrid. For letting me in here. I probably would've been caught by some psycho bitch.

The womans releases a chortle, "I just had a feeling. And plus, you look trustworthy the moment I laid eyes on you." Somehow, her face slowly falls after her statement, and [Name] frowns.

"That's somehow not the case with this one guy—...is something the matter?" She asks, standing from her seat as Ingrid shuffles her cards absent-mindedly. Ingrid's frown deepens, and she places the clean stack on the table, her hazel brown eyes settling on [Name]'s worried ones.

"You can feel it too, can you?" She almost whispers, somehow afraid someone might hear them, "a terrible force, it's been following you." 

[Name]'s heart somehow drops to her stomach as she settles back in her chair, slowly nodding, "it's...been days, Ingrid. From the moment I left my house, it's been following. It wants me. What I have." The woman's eyes glosses over for a moment, and she releases a shaky breath.

"It's attaching itself to you, I felt it when you walked in," she stands, pulling out a token of some sort, "you best be careful, trust the boy, just as you have to protect him."

[Name]'s eyes widens,  "what? What do you mean? Who?" Please tell me it's not Five...

Ingrid is fidgeting with the object, a five cent coin, "our time together is running thin, and so does everyone else's," the girl couldn't help but notice the underlying tone, "in three days time, trust you must, and he will help you." 

Why is Ingrid speaking in some prophetic tone? In three days time? Is 'he' supposed to be Five? She has so much questions, yet so little time. The Ingrid that stands in front of her isn't the one that let her in, it's almost as if she's here physically but mentally not. She has a far off look in her face, though immediately snaps out of it when they hear three familiar voices.