chapter 5

Sara: It was finally the end of the week, today was me and Angel's last day of detention. I got ready and waited for Ricky to come pick me up and take me to school. Once he parked the car we started to talk because the bell hadn't rang yet.

"So today's the day your supposed to meet with 15th street, how are u feeling? I said taking his hand and interlocking it with mine.

"It's fucking bullshit" he said looking down.

"I know that your not happy about it but, like Antonio said it's probably what's best after Mikey"

"Yeah, I know" he replied in a aggressive tone and turned his head away, "you should go the bells gonna ring soon."

"Why do you do that?" I asked annoyed

"What?" He said defensively

"You never wanna talk to me about Mikey. I don't get it, Do you think I won't understand or something? Because I lost him too you know."

"I know okay, I just don't feel like doing this, especially not today I got allot on my plate alright."

"Fine" I said annoyed and then suddenly Angel walked right in front of the car.

"Hey, isn't that the guy that hit on you at my uncle's restaurant" asked Ricky

"Yeah" I said hoping that he wouldn't make a big deal out of the situation.

"Do you have any classes with him?"

"No."

"Well has he tried talking to you?"

"Who cares" I said annoyed now that I felt like I was being interrogated.

"I fucking care" he said raising his voice

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me alright, it's too early for this shit." I said as calmly as I could but he already had me going.

"Well then just answer the fucking question have you talked to him!?"

"Yes! Who gives a fuck. You talk to other girls all the time"

"Who gives a fuck, I don't care about any of them!"

"And who says I care about him? I talked to him before the fight and then we both got detention, not that it matters because we're separated in detention so we haven't spoken at all"

"Whatever" he said with a small laugh turning his head away from me. The bell rang and I stepped out of the truck

"you should be thanking him you know. He didn't say anything about you to Simpson when he asked who was involved in the fight. Call me when u decide that you trust me" I said annoyed and then shut the door and walked away.

Later

Sara: It was second period and I was in science class bored out of my mind when suddenly Angel walked in. "They switched me to this class" he said handing his schedule to the teacher.

"Okay, you can take a seat right next to Sara" he said pointing at the empty chair right next to me. "Great" I thought to myself and rolled my eyes.

Ricky didn't trust me because of Angel so I figure it's best that I just don't speak to him anymore.

"Hey" said Angel as he sat down

"Hi" I replied in an uninterested tone while continuing to take notes.

"So how has your week been?"

"Fine" I said still not making any eye contact with him.