wellcome to sixvill

2 years later

Angel: I wake up to the sound of my mother's voice and a push on my shoulder. "we're here" She stated her voice both excited and sad at the same time.

I look to see my uncle's house and the neighborhood I spent most of my childhood in.

Moving from Arizona to sixvill was a big decision but after finding out my cousin Chris tried to commit suicide, I knew it was the right thing to do. "Hey, nephew" my uncle shouted. "Hey uncle ray" I stepped out of the car to hug him. "Jesus christ your not a little boy anymore. I laugh even though he was right.

The last time I saw him I was twelve years old, we used to live with him but my mom didn't think sixvill was a good place for me to grow up because of all the gang activity, so we moved away.

She's still worried about me staying here but she knows how much I care about Chris and she understands that I wanna be there for him.

She gets out of the car to hug my uncle Ray. "Hey, little sister" he smiles and they hug.

"Hi Ray, I've missed you." she smiles

"I've missed you too, it's been years"

"so how's Chris?" my mom asks in a low tone.

"He's better, he just got out of therapy. He gets a little bit better everyday but I don't think it's something he'll ever really get over. He loved that girl more than anything".

9 months ago Chris was driving with his girlfriend Julia and they got into a bad car accident. Julia didn't make it.

Chris lost all the best parts of himself and didn't think he'd ever get them back, not without her. He did his best to cope with the pain but eventually, it was just too much.

"Where is he?" My mom asked

"Chris, get out here!" My uncle shouted.

"Hey, I didn't know you guys were here"  said chris walking out of the house with a smile.

I don't know why I was surprised to see him smiling but it was nice, he looked like the old him.

"Hi, hun how are you?" My mom said while hugging him.

"I'm good." He nodded

"Are you boys ready for junior year?"

"Yeah" Chris replied.

"I already got them enrolled, tomorrow's the first day." Said my uncle

While they were talking I looked down at Chris's arm and saw the scar from the knife.

"Angel, what's up" he said and I quickly removed my eyes from his scar pretending I didn't see it.

"Hey, it's good to see you" he said as we hugged.

"It's good to see you too man" I smiled.

It really was good to see him. When my mom told me what he was in the hospital for,  it scared the hell out of me. I was so glad that he was still here. I can't imagine what it would have been like if he didn't make it.

"Okay, I'm gonna go my mom said with a pitch of sadness in her voice. Please take care of my son."

"I will." my uncle laughed. She hugged me tight, said that she loved me and got in the car and drove away. My uncle went into the house leaving me and Chris to talk.

"Look man I really am glad you came, I've missed you" Chris said looking down at the ground.

"I've missed you to man And not to get too emotional or anything but... I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what I would've done if... you know"