chapter 6

I got home and Leo had dinner ready so we sat down to eat.

"So, a buddy of mine let me know about this peace deal Antonio made with 19th street." said leo.

"Yeah" I said nervously.

Leo never really talked to me about these kind of things so I knew that there had to be a reason he was mentioning it.

"Look we both know that I don't like Antonio, but I really don't like victor Sanchez. He's a bad man, 20x worse than Antonio, and i don't want you anywhere near him ever. So if Antonio  ever brings him around I need you to make sure you either stay with Ricky, or you leave alright". He said sternly.

"Alright" I said. I don't think I've ever seen Leo so serious about something. I've never met victor but he must be bad if Leo hates him more than he does Antonio.

"Why did you let me keep dating Ricky if you hated Antonio so much?" I asked curiously.

"What?" He questioned

"I mean, I know you said you can't tell me what to do but we both know that's a load" I joked and Leo smiled. "So why?"

"You can't help who you fall in love with kid, who am I to take away something that you love".

I smiled at his answer, I loved talking to Leo, he always said the right thing.

"You know my wife's parents didn't like me, they kept us apart for a whole year"

"Really?"

"Yeah well they were really traditional Christians. They wanted her to marry a someone from the church, with a nice family and a good future ahead him. I'm sure she would have if it meant making her parents happy but life had other plans. she met me and we fell in love. You can't help who you love"

"So what happened after the year they kept you from her?"

"She turned 18 and we got married right away."

"That's really sweet" I smiled. "So why didn't you ever re marry?

"Well because there was no reason to. She was the love of my life and I know that one day when I'm old and dried up and god decides that it's my time, I'll see her again".

"Like in heaven?" I asked curiously

"Yeah, why?"  He questioned

"I didn't know you believed in that kind of stuff"

"Yeah well... I figure If people as amazing as her exist on this Earth then there has to be some place better for them after they die. It can't just be death and rotting in the ground forever, not for people like her."

We finished eating and I did the dishes and went up to room. I picked up my phone and read a text from Ricky asking me to call him back.

"Hey" said Ricky when he answered the phone.

"Are you done not trusting me?"

"I'm sorry" he said sincerely

"It's fine, I'm over it" I sighed

"Good then maybe we could hang out tonight, my uncle's having a party at our place to celebrate the whole peace deal, I really wanna see you."

"There's gonna be 15th street members there?"

"Yeah but there's nothing to worry about."

"Is victor Sanchez gonna be there?"

"Most likely, Yeah. Why?"

I knew that going was a bad idea. I know Leo didn't want me anywhere near victor but I figured if I was with Ricky everything would be fine and Leo wouldn't need to find out about it.