sleepover part 2

Ricky: I  walk to the living room with Anthony, Emelio, and Armondo. Once I see Sara I call out to her.

"Babe!" I shout over the music

Sara: I'm immediately thrown off guard once I see victor's son again. I was so happy when Ricky told me that they couldn't make it tonight but here they are.

"Hey." I say as normally as I can. I only look at Anthony for a second before immediately pulling away.

"You remember the boys, right?"

"Yeah."

"Turns out they could make it after all."

"Great" I reply as normal as possible,  even though my heart is racing.

"Nice house." Says Emelio

"Thanks."

"nice to see you again." Says Anthony holding out his hand and I finally look at him.

"You too." I say shaking his hand after a moment of hesitation. He holds eye contact with me and I can tell that he's trying to read my facial expression so I  quickly pull back my hand and look away.

"Uhm, Well make yourselves at home, I gotta go check on the food." I say as an excuse to get away from him as fast as I can.

Emelio: I notice bobby eyeing me from across the room and decide to go talk to her.

"Where are you going?" Said Armondo.

"To have a little fun, go hide the bags upstairs."

Sara: I go to the kitchen and take a deep breath, I really wish he wasn't here.

Suddenly the kitchen door swings open and I turn to see that it's him.

"Hi." He says calmly, keeping his distance by the door.

"Hi, can I get you anything?. Do u wanna beer?" I ask as I start moving around the kitchen, pretending like I'm actually doing something.

"Uh no, I'm good. Can I talk to you for a second."

"I'm actually really busy right now." I lie as I turn my back to him

"He tried to sleep with you, didn't he?"

"...What are you talking about?"

"You don't have to do that, I know that he did."

"Yeah. He did... How did you know?" I say turning to him.

"I could tell by the way you looked at me. I've seen that look before... I'm really sorry. And please don't be scared of me, I'm not like him."

"Okay." I nod noticing his sincerity.

"He's not a rapist." He says looking down with shame. "I mean he does sleep with younger girls but they usually come to him."

"That doesn't make it right."

"Trust me I know." He says quickly.

"It just... it makes it easier seeing it that way I guess. I don't like it or support it in any way."

I could see the frustration and disgust on Anthony's face, I could tell that he really didn't agree with his father's lifestyle and I realized that I couldn't just blame his father's actions on him.

"It's okay, you don't need to explain anything to me. I think I understand."

What I didn't understand is how someone like Anthony could be related to someone like victor. Anthony seemed  kind and full of empathy, Victor was the complete opposite.