chapter 17

"Tonight's gonna be so fucking fun." Said one of Ricky's friends as we all hang out in the school parking lot and wait for the first bell to ring.

All of Ricky's friends begin talking amongst themselves and then Ricky's phone rings.

He looks at his phone and so do I because I'm standing right beside him. It's his mother.

He declines and then puts his phone back into his pocket and goes back to paying attention to his friends.

"Everything okay?" I ask curiously because Ricky always answers his mother's calls and this isn't the first time this week he's ignored her.

"Yeah." He says pretty convincingly but I don't buy it. I'm pretty sure something happened between them when he went to bail her out of jail, I just don't know what.

I decided to just leave it alone, if I've learned any thing about Ricky it's that if he's not ready to tell you something he won't. Plus he's been in a pretty crappy mood lately, this is the first time I've seen him happy in days so I don't see the point in disrupting that.

"Ricky" said a smiling girl approaching us with a couple of her friends.

"Hey jen." He smiled.

"What's up," she says and then leans in to give him a hug.

"where have you been?, we've missed you over here" Said one of her friends in a flirty tone.

"Shit, I lowkey miss everyone here to." He smiles.

All of the girls engage in conversation with him, none of them even look at me. This wasn't the first time something like this has happened, in fact I was kind of used to it but it pissed me off today because it's been a couple of months since the last time it's happened and I'd forgotten what it felt like.

I never realized how lucky depressed me actually was. That might sound fucked up but depressed me had Ricky all to myself. I had 1000% of his undivided attention and spent almost every waking moment with him. When things were back to normal,  and we were back in the real world with one another, he wasn't just mine. The world was full of people who wanted his attention and I knew that there was nothing I could do to change that.

I watch him as he laughs while one of the girls flirts with him and I start to tune out the conversation with my thoughts the way that I usually did.

This might sound crazy but I sometimes wish that Ricky wasn't so good looking. I mean I'm obviously glad that he is, but if he wasn't then I wouldn't have to deal with every other girl on Earth also being in love with him.

"Hey, check it out." Said one of Ricky's friends turning his head the opposite way from us.

We all look in the same direction as him and see that Ashton is back. He's been missing since Ricky beat him up. His face is covered with bruises and he's in an arm cast from Ricky repeatedly stomping on it.

Ricky's friends laugh and mock him as he walks shamefully through the parking lot full of students looking at him and whispering.

"I'm surprised he didn't rat you out to his daddy." Said Ricky's friend Carlos

"He's stupid but he's not that stupid." Said Ricky.

"You fucking pussy."

"You got fucked up."

"That's what happens when you run your fucking mouth bitch."

As Ricky's friends shout at Ashton, I look across the street and notice Angel and Tasha also looking at him.

Tasha: I can't believe he came back, I'd be way to embarrassed.

Angel: yeah, he really fucked him up didn't he. I say looking at the damage Ricky did.