part 12

Heaven help the fool who falls in love.

Later

After chris left I went to sleep for a couple of hours. I woke up around 9 and decided to take a shower.

When I was done i walked into my room and as I was about to get back into bed I heard a light tap on my window.

I looked at the window and then saw a small rock hit it. I walked over to the window in confusion and when I looked down I saw Angel.

I quickly open the window and he smiled.

"Hey stranger."

"Hi." I replied, still surprised that he was here.

"Can I come up? He says pointing at the side of my house.

"Sure." I reply with a smile and he begins to climb up the fence on the side of my window.

I step back once he gets to the window and watch him crawl through.

"What are you doing here?"

"Chris told me you said you were alright, but I wanted to see for myself." He whispered.

"You don't have to whisper. Leo's not here, he had a meeting to go to."

"Leo's your dad?" He asked curiously.

"No uh, He's my guardian." I say a bit awkwardly.

"I heard about what happened with Ricky earlier." I say attempting to change the subject. "I'm sorry about him, he's still not over that night."

"It's fine. So I wanted to apologize for blowing you off that day at school. Trust me I really wanted to hang out with you but I promised Tasha I would take her to the museum."

Sara: It's okay.

Angel: also.. I sort of wanna know what's been going on. Why haven't you been to school?.

Sara: I go through depression periods from time to time... They start off small, with sort of normal low moods and then they get worse. I just got diagnosed but I've been struggling with this for years. Chris was here to try to convince me to start going to therapy.

Angel: so that day when you asked me to hang out...

Sara: I was low.

Angel: fuck, I'm so sorry. I could tell that something was wrong, I should've went after you or something.

Sara: "It's okay. Seriously don't blame yourself. I'm already starting to feel better. I should be back to school in a couple of days."

Angel: Great... uh, well I guess I'll see you in a couple of days then. I say awkwardly and then begin to head towards the window.

"Wait." Said Sara and I quickly turned around and looked at her. "... can you stay?" She asked quietly.

"You... want me to stay?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. I told Leo that I'd be fine alone but the silence is driving me crazy."

"Okay." I say and then close her window.

There's a moment of silence and for a second I'm terrified. I'm not sure why but staying alone with her in her house made me nervous.

"You wanna watch Tv?" she asks

"Yeah." I respond trying to play it cool.

"Cool. Hand me that blanket, you can sit right here. She said pointing at the floor.

"Ok. Do you mind if I take this off?, it's kind of hot in here?" I said tugging on my shirt.

"Make yourself comfortable." She said after setting the blanket on the floor.

I sat down and then Sara walked into the hallway and I let out a deep breath. I didn't know why I was so nervous it's not like I expected anything to happen between me and her. I guess I just never expected I'd be spending the night with her.

I tried to relax and focus on what was happening on tv and then Sara walked back into the room with another blanket.

She unfolded the blanket and to my surprise sat down right next to me on the floor.

I was expecting her to sit on the bed so my heart quickly shot up.

"So catch me up, what's been happening at school." She said casually.

"Uh, well Mario beat some kids ass in the caf the other day." I said and she let out a small laugh and my nerves began to calm.

"Of course he did." She smiled, and then we both grew quiet.

"So, are you gonna go to therapy?." I asked.

"I'm not sure yet."

"How come?"

"I don't really like the idea of talking to a stranger about all the things that make me feel weak." She says looking away from me.

"I don't think you could ever be weak, Not even now. I know the bad things suck, but they definitely don't make us weaker. You should go."

"Your right. I think I will." She says and then lays her head on my shoulder, causing my heart rate to go up again.

Her cold, wet hair gave me chills on my neck and arms but I didn't care, I was just happy to be this close to her.

After a couple seconds silence she finally spoke.

"Do you snore?" She whispered causing me to smile.

"No. Do you?" I replied.

"Yeah, sometimes, and kind of loud." She said and then we both laughed.

"Don't worry, it won't bother me." I smiled.

"Okay. Goodnight." She said in a tired voice.

"Goodnight."