chapter 8

"You slept in his bed!?" Said Faith in a far more excited tone than she should have.

"Oh Please say it louder faith, I don't think they heard you on the second floor" I said pointing to the roof of the school.

"Sorry, cranky. It's just you never do anything wrong, let me have this moment" she laughed.

"I didn't do anything wrong, It wasn't like that. He slept in the living room."

"Okay, whatever you say, so what did he say to you after that?"

"Nothing. I haven't seen him, he's missed school for the the past two weeks"

I figured it was probably for the best that I didn't see Angel for a little bit, though I did catch myself wondering when and if he was coming back.

"It took you two weeks to tell me this?, are u freaking kidding me?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how, I was nervous".

"Whatever, I'll let it slide this once just because I love you"

"I love you to" I smiled and she flashed her big white smile back. "Alright see u in a bit" she said and then slapped my butt and walked into her class.

As I continued to walk a familiar voice called out to me and I felt a slight spark of excitement jolt through my body.

I turned around to see Angel jogging over to me. "Sara, Wait up" he shouted.

"Hey stranger, where have you been?" I said once he caught up to me.

"I took a Last minute trip to Italy with my mom to visit my grandparents." He said through slightly heavy breaths of exhaustion that caused me to let out a laugh.

"sounds like fun" I smiled

"Italy, or my grandparents?" He joked raising an eyebrow.

"What, you don't like your grandparents?" I laughed.

"Ah They're alright. My grandma's a bit smothering, hugs and kisses me every chance that she gets"

"Cute." I replied

"I guess. I'm surprised u noticed I was gone" he smiled

"Don't get all cocky on me, I noticed because I had to do twice the work without you in science class."

"Well let me make it up to you, how about I take you out to eat later?" He smiled.

"And Why would you do that?" I asked stopping by the lockers.

"Because I like you" he said tilting his head and giving me a smirk.

"Angel" I interrupted

"I tried not to, I really did but It's pointless" he said taking my hand and getting so close that our faces were only inches away, he smelled like good cologne and a hint of mint.

Truthfully I didn't mind being that close to his face. I mean, he was handsome and I could now see every little detail of his handsomeness right in front of me.

My heart began to race, I don't know why, it's not like I wanted to kiss him or anything and I definitely hoped that he wouldn't kiss me. But just because I was able to admire his beauty, dosen't mean that I was interested in him.

"I'm with Ricky." I stated removing my eyes from his kind, brown gaze.

"And I think your allot better than what you put up with." He said letting go of my hand, but staying where he stood.

"I know that your with him but, I just thought that you should know how I feel, and that I'm not going anywhere any time soon."

"I appreciate that you think so highly of me. really, but it's just not gonna happen. I'm sorry."