ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 • 第8章

"Alright.. let's start off with your jumping." Nijimura and Momoi stood next to the basketball pole, watching Hinata stand where he told him to stand. Second strings and third strings watched Hinata and the coach while whispering.

["Yah.. is the little twerp even gonna pass the first one?"]

["Oh he's actually kinda... Cute.."]

["Ooh, I heard Akashi suggested the new student to join us!"]

["Eh- really!?"]

The rainbow group of boys smirked as they heard the whispers, quite excited to see their reactions when Hinata starts to jump and all.

"Alright... And.. GO!" Hinata started to run, stopping as he started to get ready to jump, as he started to jump, it looked liked he had wings on his back, making everyone go wide eyed. [Woah..]

As Hinata started to float in the air, he smashed his hand on the baksetball board, making everyone come back to their senses. He then gracefully landed on his feet looking up to see his white hand print on the board. Momoi grabbed a ladder and put it down, now starting to measure where the hand landed on to the ground. Her eyes went wide as she looked at the numbers, making everyone confused. "Satsuki, what's the number?" Momoi gulped and looked down at Hinata, then looking at Nijimura who asked the question.

"48 inches.." she says slowly as she climbs down the ladder, making everyone do an anime fall. "HUUUUUH!?" They all shouted in unison as they got back up, now looking at Hinata who celebrated. "YES! I BEAT MY OLD RECORD!" Everyone looked at Hinata even more confused before, old record?

"Oi oi shrimp, that was a huge jump! What was your old record!?" Aomine shouts as he walks over to Hinata, who was now quite frightened by the big figure in front of him. Kuroko, who was now next to Aomine, jabbed him on his side, making Aomine fall to the ground with a big painful groan. "AGHH!"

"You're scaring Hinata-san, Daiki. apologize." Aomine slowly got up, trembling a bit actually as he did. He looked at Hinata who looked like he was shaking with his eyes, making the Ganguro sigh. "Whatever, I'm sorry, but what was your old record?" Aomine asks in a politer way, but still being an asshole. Hinata smiles as he saw the effort. "My last record was 38 inches."

"Waah! Shochii! That's so impressive!" Kise ran up to Hinata and started to hug him while twirling, making Hinata go dizzy. Nijimura quickly snatched Hinata out of Kise's grip, making the blond model whine. Nijimura rolled his eyes as he put Hinata down, making him calm down before telling him some other stuff.

"Alright Hinata, now we will test your endurance and stamina!"

"What the fuck is this kid made out of.." The coach of the Baksetball club watched Hinata do his 50th lap around the gym, only for him to see Hinata sweat a little. The captain smirked as he starts to tell Momoi to write some stuff down and get some information about Hinata. "No wonder Akashi saw some potential in him.." Nijimura says with a big smirk, making the Coach roll his eyes also with a smirk. "But now we got to test him for his skills." Nijimura looked at his coach with wide eyes before sighing and nodding.

"Guess he will go against one of the GoM.." [= Generation of Miracles]

Nijimura called for Hinata to come inside, making the small tangirine jog towards them while wiping off some sweat. "Good job Hinata! You did great!" Hinata gave a big smile, making Nijimura and the coach smile back. "But now, it's time to really test you out if you should be in first string or not." Hinata was confused until he saw Aomine run up to them.

"Haha! Alright! Can't wait to best you shrimpay!" Aomine says with a big toothy smile as he softly punches Hinata's arm. Hinata looked up in confusing before looking at the two older males in front of him.

"You will be going up against one of the Miracles!" Nijimura said with a big bright smile, making Hinata chuckle and sweat drop while scratching the back of his neck. "Ano.. Mi..rical?" Everyone looked at Hinata like he was a ghost, making him worried.

"Do you not know who the Generation of Miracles are?" An unknown third stringer asks, making everyone gasp dramatically. Midorima rolls his eyes as he knew everyone was being dramatic. Hinata sweat drops as he checks his watch, only to see that he haves 10 more minutes till the bell goes. Nijimura also saw the time, sighing.

"Alright, the match will be after school then, you have time?" Hinata looked at Nijimura and nodded while giving a smile, making Nijimura smile back. But now, the gym doors went wide open with one person running to Hinata while the other was just walking.

"SHOUYOUUUU!" Akiyoshi ran to Hinata and hugged him, surprising the whole gym. "N-neh, nii-san..," Hinata kicked Akiyoshi off of him, making the red haired male whine to his girlfriend. Mizuki smiled and looked over to Hinata. "Ah, so you are joining the basketball club?" Hinata laughs nervously as he nods. "Oh, but I am also joining the volleyball club!"

"Eh, the volleyball club?" Nijimura asks as he puts a hand on Hinata's shoulder, making Akiyoshi drag Hinata back. Nijimura sweats drop while waving.

"Yea! I usually play volleyball, I don't mind also playing Basketball!" The whole gym were now whispering about Hinata, but not in a bad way. Akiyoshi put his arms around Hinata's shoulder, surprising the tiny one. "Alright then! We have 8 minutes left so let's walk around for now!" Hinata nodded with a big smile, waving bye to the basketball club. Mizuki waved and gave a little smile, holding Akiyoshi's hand as he gave a little peck on her cheek. As soon as they walked out, Nijimura shouted for everyone to get ready for their next class.

The rainbow haired group looked over to their 'leader', Akashi, as he gave a tiny smirk.

"This will be very interesting.."
___________________________________________

Word Count : 1025