Chapter 04

"Mew. What are you doing here at this time?"
Mew looked back unwillingly cursing his fate.
"Ow P'Run! How are you?" Mew greeted his senior and the owner of this cafe with a forced smile.

"I'm fine. How are y... Ahh.. Gulf table 4th's order is ready. I've placed it on the counter. You can serve it to them."
When Run ordered Gulf to serve to the customers, Mew got his answer. 
'So he is working here! For how long? He never mentioned this to me before.' thought Mew frowning looking back at Gulf's side.

"Too young to work, right?"
Run spoke when Mew was staring at Gulf, side facing him. But Mew seemed not to be focusing on his word.

"Hmm? Were you saying something phi?"
He asked turning his attention back to Run.
"Hmm. I said, Do you know him?" Run asked Mew pointing at Gulf with his eyes who was busy serving.

"Yeah. He is one of my students. A freshman."
"Oh! I see!"
'But why were you staring at him like you were in pain seeing him here?', Run thought observing Mew's expressions.

“So Mr. Suppabusy.. What brings you here? I thought you have long forgotten that I have a cafe in this place. It's been a whole week since you last visited.” Run complained as they both headed back to the counter.

“Ahh.. Haha.. I'm so sorry phi. But you know the midterm just finished. Now our work has increased. Have to prepare the result sheets within a bounded time. So.. Yeah you can call me suppabusy i guess..” Mew defended himself and laughed together with Run.

“Wait.. Let me get something for you. I've been thinking about adding some more drinks to the menu. Try one of them and tell me your opinion.” Run offered Mew as he proceeded to wear his apron.

"Uhh…Phi..” Mew called him after a while to get his attention.
“Hmm? What is it Mew?” Run replied, taking a glance at Mew's side, still busy making a special drink for him.
“Umm… may I know.. for how long he has been.. working here?” Mew asked awkwardly pointing at Gulf.
“I mean, I never saw him here before? Had he joined recently?"
Run looked up at Mew raising his eyebrows.
Then he again concentrated on what he was doing with a slight smirk.

"No. He has been working for me for quite a long time. You haven’t seen him cause when you came his shift got over every time. He joined just after 2weeks I opened this cafe"

"That long! But he never told me about it" Mew exclaimed in surprise, frowning deeply looking back at Gulf again where he was serving the customers. Disappointment was obvious in his voice.

"Was he supposed to inform you about his job?" Run's experienced nose was smelling something, so he decided to play with Mew.

Mew looked back at Run hearing him. "Ahh…no phi.. But.. Actually…" He replied horridly, "I already know a lot of things about him. Before midterm, even if I didn’t have a class with him, we used to meet each other everyday. I even know his address. The amount of time I've spent with him, I never spend with any other student." He said looking at a busy Gulf again. Run was really surprised when he saw the sparkling eyes of Mew 

'Is he really talking about his student!? But what's with that fondling smile and sparkling eyes. I've never seen him wearing this kinda smile'

"But he never mentioned anything related to his job to me." He said with an obvious pout, still looking at Gulf.

"Well..why do you want to know everything about him? Is he someone special?"
Mew looked at Run in a jiffy with widened eyes. "Uh.. No no phi. Nothing like that. Just. Um.. He lives alone here, and he is really a good student. That's why.. Nothing like you're thinking. I'm just worried that he will get tired if he works hard. Nothing else na phi" Mew replied awkwardly looking away from Run's eyes.
He didn’t know what happened but he was suddenly feeling  embarrassed. His ears were becoming hot gradually.