Chapter 08

"Sorry krub", Mew looked up at Gulf who was sitting on the bed at that moment, pouting while looking at his hands on his lap and obviously feeling guilty. But, still, he was the cutest and beautiful boy in Mew's eyes. Mew couldn’t resist his cuteness anymore. He reached up with his clear hand and pinched his nose while smiling.

"Why are you apologising, idiot? It's just a glass. Thank God that you aren’t hurt anywhere", he said before holding one of Gulf's hands on his and proceeded to clear the mess on the tiled floor, caused by Gulf.

As per Gulf, he woke up and felt thirsty. So he tried to reach the glass on the bedside rack while laying on his side and unfortunately the bottom of the glass bumped with the front rail of the wooden rack and it fell on the ground. 

But, it fell taking Mew's wristwatch with it, which was also on that rack, and water spilt on it. When Mew came out, Gulf was trying to reach the watch with his right hand, as he had a bandage on his left hand, which was on that side of the bed. 

The way his hand was hanging, Mew thought he was gonna fall down from the bed, and he was also back facing him. So Mew just screamed and ran towards Gulf. But when Gulf lifted his head and he saw the broken glass on the floor, he calmed down.

"But your watch got ruined because of me. I knew it was your favourite watch", the tone Gulf used made Mew sprang up his head. Cause, his voice cracked a little at the end of the sentence because of the guilt he was feeling.

With a huff  Mew stood up taking the pieces of the broken glass in a paper and threw them on the dust bin they had in their room.

He didn’t utter a word after that and went inside the bathroom again.

And Gulf's guiltiness grew up one stage more, thinking Mew was angry with him. He lowered his head and closing his eyes, he started to tear up silently when suddenly he felt something cold on his forehead. 

He looked up and found Mew sitting in front of him. "Hmm.. Good thing the fever is gone. Are you feeling better now?" he asked with a very soft and gentle voice that made Gulf tear up more. 

"Gulfie, you know I don't like to see you in tears, right?. Don’t cry, It's ok. It's just a watch. Nothing is more important than you right now. You are fine and that matters the most to me. Hmm?", he lifted up Gulf's face, cupping both of his cheeks and wiped those tears away using both of his thumb pads. 

Mew then leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Gulf's forehead. He looked at Gulf in the eyes who was still sobbing. 

"Krub", Gulf lifted his head when Mew called him. "Smile for me na.. na..", he said while blinking his eyes continuously and pouting. And that had Gulf chuckling at first and giggling right after that. It was the first time for Gulf to hear a pleading tone from Mew and he must admit, that was the cutest version of him.

"That's my boy", Mew said with a big smile, ruffling Gulf's hair.

"You wanna go back to sleep? It's still early", Mew asked and Gulf immediately shook his head.

"No, I wanna.. wash up", he answered and pointed at the bathroom with the index finger of his right hand, while looking down and blushing a bit.

"Ok", Mew stood up with a smile. "Come", he spread his hands towards Gulf and Gulf lifted both of his hands as well.

It's been their routine since Gulf was allowed to leave the cabin bed. Whenever Gulf needed to use the washroom, Mew would lift him on his arms and would help him as much as he could.