Chapter 11

"Hello dear. How are you now? Are you feeling comfortable here?", Gulf smiled shyly and nodded.

"I'm fine, Sir. Thank you so much for letting me stay in your house", Mr. Boonsak Jongcheveevat chuckled and shook his head, sitting beside the bed.

Gulf  couldn’t go downstairs for lunch, so after lunch Mew's dad immediately went to Gulf's room with Mew, who was standing beside the bed.

"Oh no no, you can just call me uncle. Cut the formalities", He said, patting Gulf's hair a couple of times and Gulf felt his heart swelled again. 'Every member of this family has a big and lovely heart', he thought in his mind.

He nodded and Mew smiled watching them. He was a bit worried about how their first encounter would be. But watching his father adoring Gulf made him feel relaxed.

"Thank you so much dear, for saving Chopper. If something happened to him, Jom would become really sad. You see, there is no one of her age here. That makes her a bit lonely, and she is too attached to Chopper. You literally saved our daughter's happiness", Mr. Jong said and Gulf could feel the sincerity in his voice. 

He smiled and shook his head.

"It's ok. No need to thank me. Anyone would do the same. Chopper is really cute and adorable. And I don't think anyone can bear the sight of a living creature getting injured in front of them when they had a chance to save it, either a human or an animal", he said smiling and Mew saw a sparkle in his dad's eye.

"Such a great thought. You really have a loving heart. I'm sure your parents would've been proud of you if they were alive. But, don't be sad. You have a family now", Gulf smiled and he again felt grateful. 

"Thank you so much uncle", he said bowing his head a little but Mew's dad didn’t let him do it.

"Hey… don't. You're just like Mew to me. No need to be thankful. And make yourself comfortable. Have you eaten yet?", he asked and Gulf nodded.

"Yes, I did. Phi Mew brought lunch for me.", and Mew's heart skipped a bit. He wasn’t expecting Gulf to say that straight to his dad. 'Will he be displeased cause I'm caring for him too much?' he thought in his mind and felt his palms getting sweaty.

He gulped when his dad looked up at him and he darted his eyes everywhere in the room but his dad.

"Very good, Mew", but he was surprised when his dad spoke. "Take good care of him, ok?" his dad looked back at Gulf and patted the younger's head again.

"And please, don’t hesitate to ask anything if you want. You can ask Mew, his mom and also me. Feel free to talk, ok?" Gulf nodded when Mew's dad said.

"And also let Mew know if you are allergic to any food, be careful about this cause sometimes allergic food can trigger infection on the wounds. So… make a list about it." he stood up when Gulf nodded, assuring him.

"Did you tell his other teachers that he is here with you? They might be worried about him", he asked his son and Mew nodded.

"I did dad. They are planning to visit him here. Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.", Mew informed his dad and he nodded.

"Ok. Take a rest now. And of course make yourself comfortable.", he said, glancing at Gulf for the last time before leaving the room, leaving Mew and Gulf alone.

**********************

"Ok but you could at least pick my call and assure me that you were alright. You didn’t contact me for a  whole fucking night. How can you not expect me to be angry with you?" Max said, fuming in anger while sipping his glass of soft drink.