Chapter 05 (Valentine Special)

****3days later****

“P'Run.. Can I stay here for a while? Mild asked me to wait for him, his parents want me to have dinner with them tonight, so he will pick me up from here”, Gulf asked Run after finishing his shift for that day while wiping his just washed hand in a towel.

It was the evening of 14th February. As it was a special day, every staff of the cafe including the owner, had to work harder than any other day as they were getting more and more customers as the day went by.
And most of them were couples.

During his whole shift, Gulf was working and watching all the lovey-dovey couples around him. It's not like he never experienced something like this. He did go out on Valentine's Day before, he did see others being romantic around him. But, today, something was different. He felt like someone should be here beside him. Someone's face was Floating in his imagination continuously. He was missing his someone. He was missing…his Mew.

But he knew it would only be in his imagination. All the things he was imagining for the past hours will never be true. So, he was just sighing and washing away every thoughts and dreams of him.

“Sure nong. Wait here as long as you want.”, Run said before handing over two plates to one of his staff.
“Phi is sorry na nong. Phi can't accompany you now. Make a coffee for yourself if you want, ok?”

“It's ok phi. Tell me if you need my help na krub”, Gulf said smiling brightly at Run.
And Run couldn’t handle his cuteness. 
He patted Gulf's head dearly before being busy again with new coming orders.

Gulf was playing games on his phone to kill time and looking at the couples in front of him once in a while. At first he insisted on working again until Mild come. But, Run didn’t even let him touch a single mug.

He was drowning in the game when he smelt a very familiar scent. And within a moment his brain worked. He flinched when he heard a baritone voice, greeting his boss.
He looked up and his eyes widened when he saw Mew standing at the other side of the counter. 

“OmyGod! P'Run… How are you managing this much customer? Soon you are gonna be the richest cafe owner of the town phi”, Mew exclaimed looking back and forth at the customers and Run.

“Aww.. Mew! Don't say anything. I don't even know how I am making all the orders so quickly.”, Run responded to Mew while taking glances at him.

Mew chuckled before talking again. “Anyways phi, where is Tul and Max? They said they will arrive here and then we will go outside to have dinner together”, he asked Run while looking around for his friends.

Run stopped what he was doing and looked up at Mew, “Did they just make you a fool?” he asked, frowning yet with an amused face.

“Mew, don't tell me you believed them. Do you really think they will have dinner with you on valentine? They must be devouring each other already”, He said making a face.

“Huh?”, Mew was visually looking like a fool. Everything clicked at that moment. Tul was really excited while doing plans for Valentine Day's dinner. And to be honest Mew was also a bit surprised when Tul asked him to join them. But he didn’t think about it that much as he also didn’t have anything to do. So he thought being a third wheel will be better than being bored at home at least. 

But before coming here, he called both Tul and Max for almost 30 times. And only Tul picked his call once and asked to wait for them. He thought they were busy arguing with each other while choosing the restaurant for dinner as it was a normal issue for them every time they go out.

But, Mew just understood that his best friends just made him a fool.

“I'm gonna fucking kick those bastard's ass hard”, Mew exclaimed loudly.