Chapter 25

Memories.

That was what flooded Annalissa's mind as she walked into the house.

It was the same as she remembered last, though the blood had been cleaned when the police came in. Alejandro and Henry had found her parents' weapon room. Other than that, it was a normal house.

She walked down the hall and uncovered a loosed wooden tile, revealing a trap door that lead towards the basement. She then unlocked the door with some codes continued down towards the basement.

Her parents were the only ones that knew of this particular room, it was hidden well and was locked with codes that only They knew. They had showed her this when she young and was cautious of their enemies for their children. It was a special room.

When Annalissa arrived at the end of the stairs, She switched on the lights which went on it's own power.

Inside was a room filled with numerous shelves and papers stacked in a corner with dust accumulating on it for it wasn't touched for years. It was the room where her parents had stored defense mechanisms and plans against the worst of the worst for her and her brother.

Now, she just have to find that plan that let her sniff out spies and a strategy against Zachary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier was uncomfortable at Alec's staring as he had gone back towards the mansion in the woods with Sam. It was also the fact that he was staring at his father was also unnerving.

"Son. Were you in contact with Annalissa lately? " Xavier frowned in confusion as he shook his head hesistantly. As if sensing his son's curiosity, he changed the subject.

" When's Rowe coming? "

" Tomorrow the latest. " Xavier answered though a questioning tone was in his voice. Micheal only nodded before leaving. Xavier darted back to his room silently wondering what's up with his father lately.
Come to think of it, he's beenthat way since those trips he took last month.. wonder why? He thought as he entered his room and started his homework.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annalissa was surrounded by papers as she finally found what she needed. With an extra income too. In her hands was an old file that was buried under many others.

Serena William-Haynes, mother of Marian Winters and Nathaniel Haynes. Wife to Matthew Haynes.

Import files on recent activities in 1993 to 2006

One down, Annalissa thought as she flipped another one.

Zachary Black. Husband to Susan Darryl - Black and father to Daphne Black.

Import files on recent activities in 1996 to 2006.

Annalissa was curious to how and why her parents had information on Zachary's activities until the year they died. But she was grateful since old news were hard to dig up. She also thought that the information on her so called grandmother would be useful for her uncle as well.

As the files tucked under her armpit, she left the house she once called home without looking back.

In the shadows, she failed to realise that obsidian eyes followed her every move until she was out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marian was in the cellar when she heard the footsteps of her husband near.

" The kids are asleep. Why are you here? " Jack asked as he saw his wife holding some of the files that was used in their 'missionary' days. One in specific was of his mother in law. Marian frowned as she looked down at the files she held.

"I have a feeling that my mother and the ones that we've failed to catch back then will come back for our children. " Jack frowned at her statement as she handed out the files. One by one, he schemed through it.

Serena William-Haynes

Natasha Parker

Zachary Black

Nicholas Blair

Farron Ashlar

"Then we shall leave it here, among the others though more easier to find." Jack said as he embraced her into hisarms, her forehead rested on his chest as she sighed in resignation and worry.

" I'm worried of our past Jack. They'll come and haunt us but this time Annalissa and Aleckay will be involved.."  Marian said as her arms hugged his waist, squeezing slightly.

" It can't be helped Mari, we've taught Annalissa all we know and she mastered it even at her tender age of 7 now. We can only pray for her safety." Jack said, kissing her forehead in comfort despite his own worry. "Do you regret it?" Marian looked up at his question, leaning back to look at him.

" What? "

" Being together, having Annalissa and Aleckay. Even though your mother objected our marriage. Forever in hiding. "

She shook her head as she frowned. " No! Never! I know we've did horrible things but Annalissa and Aleckay are the my precious and you are my love. I'llnever regret it. "

Jack nodded his head as he spoke. " Then don't look back, only to the future. " She smiled as she kissed him on the lips.

" Yes my love, until death do us part." Then they left the room without so much of a glance.

____________________

Author's Note;

Hey guys. Sorry for the delays and this short chapter, I have to study now since I'm in for my trial exams before the holidays. The horror! !

Anyway, I'll sometimes switch between on hold and slow updates because of my tight schedules and my mum's prying eyes so I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you all would understand.

Gomenasai. Until next time..

I'm addicited to fanfictions lately.. Wonder why?