Chapter 15

What is my sister to you?

Xavier was taken aback from the sudden question. "What..?" Alec had a serious look then. "What do you feel about my sister?"

"Why are you asking me?" he asked, clearly uncomfortable of the sudden question. Alec frowned then looked up at the sky where the stars were shining brightly. "I have a feeling.. You're going to be more involve in this than you should." Alec then turned back to Xavier with a serious expression. "And my intuition is never wrong. So tell me, what is she to you?" 

"A... friend?" that sounded more like a question instead. Alec shook his head as he thought. So even he hadn't figure out his feelings huh. He knew his sister is close to figure it out, even if she herself didn't realize it. If not Xavier would be killed the moment he woke up that day they met.

"I'll tell you something big brother.. I trust you. Not just because you're Sheila's brother but you somehow brought my sister back from before that incident." Alec reached his hand up to the sky as Xavier looked at him weirdly. Is this suppose be a 9 year old?

"You know.. Lisa used to smile like Sheila did. Even when she's around the gang she smiled, though it took some time. But when she died, she stopped. Her heart turned cold. Now you came and somehow made her open up in just a week. But, I need you to confirm your feeling for her before coming closer. If not.." he trailed off as he turned again and walked back, stopping a few feet away from him.

"You will end up dead like she did. Promises are meant to be broken as they say, that why for your safety, think carefully before coming into our world." then he ran back to the mansion with a clouded expression. Leaving Xavier there standing again with a confused mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annalissa was sitting at the patio of the back garden. She was far from their hearing range as she saw Alec came running back. Upon seeing her, he immediately jumped on her, much to her shock. He buried his face into her chest as he tried to suck up his tears. Annalissa held one arm against the armrest as the other smother his head, calming him down. "Lisa.. Will you sing for me?" she was shocked again to be asked that. His puppy eyes and pout was sad but she knew she was the cause so she slowly nodded.

She stood up with Alec walking behind her slightly, his head hanging low. As she passed the kitchen, Milliana informed them that Elise and Sheila went home after dinner and Xavier could stay the night. Other than that, they didn't bother her. Kevin was placed under supervision as they will continue the interrogation tomorrow. She went to the music room next to the kitchen where some of the members play their music. Annalissa sat on the seat in front of the grand piano as they she was accompanied by some guys who knew the song she would play.

nagarete yuku hitogomi no naka
ushiro sugata zutto mite ita
unmei no itazura de deaeta kiseki o dakishimete
kizutsuite mo ii setsunakute mo ii
ima dake shinjite

Through the flood of crowded people
I keep looking at his silhouette 
It was possible to play around with fate, to embrace you closely would be a miracle
It may be painful, it might hurt
Now we can only believe

mogaite egaite yuku koi monogatari
mienai asu tsuzuri nagara
kodoku ni tatazumu toki soba ni itai no
mayowanai youni

Though struggles are depicted in this love story,
And tomorrow spells out invisibly
I won't hesitate to be with you, 
I won't be lonely anymore

Xavier entered the room where he heard someone singing. He saw Annalissa singing at the centre of the room. MIlliana, Alejandro, Henry and Maria were at the side of the doorway as the guys in the room were humming with the song.