Chapter 14

It all started with a man called Alejandro Freeman. The former leader of the Black Blood Gang..

He was a notorious gangster back in the day, he ruled with an iron fist but showed compassion when needed. He was admired of that by many people. Henry was his right hand man beside him.

Many gangs admired the B.B. But some were fearful of them. They were undefeated and strong beyond compare. It was a heritage from one family member to another. When he met Milliana, he slowly changed to show more compassion toward her. He felt his life was content, that was until Zachary, his cousin turned on him.

The B.B. was supposed to be Zachary's by family right but he was too consumed by pride and greed for compassion. And that made him unsuitable to be a leader.

There was always clashing between the two but they were honorable to put their family out of the feud. Zachary for long gave up and remained in the shadows for his wife and young daughter, Susan and Daphne.

Soon after a few years, Alejandro and Henry brought back an 10 year old girl with her 3 year old brother. Their appearance was a shocking to everyone. She was drenched in blood with stone cold eyes looking through them..

Those two children were Annalissa and Aleckay Winters.

They were adored. For some reason the ruthless gang started to become soft around them, much to Zachary's distaste. Though with Annalissa's indifferent attitude and Alec's cheerful one, if not of their similarities no one would guess they were related. She was stubborn unlike her brother who had already caught the hearts of many members. Some gave up to open her up, but one was persistent, and that person was Daphne. She was the last straw for Zachary.

Daphne Black, the daughter of Zachary Black, who later was killed for protecting her.

And that's when the gang war began.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The silence was unbearable, it was so thick that you could use a knife to cut it.. No one dared to speak in the silence. Annalissa had her bangs covered her eyes but Xavier could see the grip she had on her gun was tightening, her knuckles were becoming white due to her hard grip. Her shoulders were squared. Then the silence was finally cut by a small voice of a boy.

"Lisa..?" Alec called out by the doorway, poking his head out to see inside. He was asked by Milliana to call them for dinner. His eyes wander from the men to Alejandro and Henry's wary expression to Xavier's confuse one and finally Annalissa's covered expression. Curiously, he walked to Annalissa carefully, ignoring the stares of the people in the room.

"Lisa?" He looked up at him with a cute pout. Even Kevin raised his eyebrow at Alejandro for why the kid was here. Was this a playground or something? But he too stayed quiet.

"Lisa! Milly asked me to call you all for dinner! Why are you quiet..?" Her lips parted slightly and her shoulders relaxed a bit. But her guard was still up. She mumbled something inaudible before bending to his height. Bringing him into a hug, Alec was shocked by her sudden public display. It was the first time she did it, yet he hugged her back anyway.

"What's wrong Lisa? Did Uncle stole your gun?" he asked innocently but inside he was trying to decipher his sister's strange mood. She was still quiet.

Flashes of that day returned. The day her mother was shot before her, and the day he killed her killer. Again and again.

She took a deep and let him go, making Alec frown at her. Seriously, what's wrong with her? 

"It's fine, Alec. Get the guys first." her voice was robotic. If she was emotionless before, she would be a doll now. Alec frown deepened. The onlookers at the room looked at the boy. They never saw him frown that deep before. Alec was confused, even he couldn't decipher her expression. What did that man say to her?