1. The Contract

Chapter 1 - The Contract

"Alright. I think I'm done here." Siara arranged all the papers in front of her and pass it to me. "It's your time to interview the subject, Alejus."

She stood up and fix her coat then she walks to her. May binulong siya dito and patted her shoulder. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay when she looked at me at mapang-asar na ngumiti sa akin tsaka umalis na. Damn. My sister is really annoying.

Inayos ko na ang sarili ko at kinuha ang papel na babasahin ko na ako din naman ang nagprepare for my interview sa subject but I didn't expect it was her, the subject. I cleared my throat. A peaceful silence surrounds my office as she waits for my word. She just sit there while looking at me.

"Alright. These interview questions will be quick." I started.

But I need it long. Bakit ba kasi ang simple lang ng mga ginawa kong tanong? I wanted to know her more, if she's willing to work with me and cooperate with my experiments. But she shouldn't be here. She's really strange.

"I need you to answer honestly and be straightforward with me, do you understand?"

I again noticed that she swallowed and nodded at me but this time she speaks.

"Ye-yes."

I sigh. It's getting hot. Kasalanan kasi ni Siara ito. I told her that she's in charge with the interview pero anong ginawa niya, she left me intimidated with our subject. A beautiful subject.

"Hmmm-hmmm." I cleared my throat again.

Alejus, I need you to focus on the interview.

Shit. I feel like I'm drunk.

"So, what's your full name?" I started and came with my ballpen in my right hand as I ready to write her full name on a blank sheet of paper.

"Johanna Elano." She speaks.

I wrote it down on a paper.

Johanna Elano. Sounds great to me, huh.

"Do you have a middle name?"

I ask full name but she only said her last name. What do you mind?

"None. First name and last name only."

Wow, she's very straightforward.

"No mother?"

Tumigil muna siya bago sumagot.

"My mother raised me alone so she put her last name to me."

"Okay, no father."

I wrote her details carefully.

"Any siblings you have?"

I looked at her again then back to the paper that I'm holding.

"Nothing."

"Your mother, is she..."

"She's gone." Mabilis niyang sagot.

She's all alone in her life. She got nothing to lose. This might work for me.

Tinignan ko ulit siya. She looks relaxed now and sitting in her most comfortable position.

"Alright." I cleared my throat. I scanned the questions. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Yeah, I'm hella high when I created this questions but indeed that question is necessary. We can't involve personal matters in the contract.

"None. I'm single."