6. Hot

Chapter 6 - Hot

Naglakad ako patungo sa living room. Hindi ko na din sila nilingon and I don't wanna see their reaction about it. I feel so out of place and they're like having a small family reunion and I'm just their intruder. Bahala siya kung sundan niya man ako o hindi, nakakairita lang kasi silang makita na naghahalikan at sa harap pa ng pagkain.

Naupo na ako at kinuha ang isang magazine na nasa center table, it's a Forbes Magazine and guess who's in the cover? It's Alejus and the title is Becoming a Genius Billionaire at 26th.

So he's twenty-six? Hindi halata ha, he looks mature because of his body built. Matipuno kasi ang katawan niya.

I scan the magazine and turn to the page where the article is. I read it, his full name is Alejus Fortis. Fortis is his last name? Pero bakit si Siara Cortela and their dad too is Cortela ang last name?

Hmmm maybe he's adopted and may foreign feature din kasi siya. Baka nga ampon siya. I read all through the article and guess what? He's half-british and half-filipino and he's been a genuis billionaire inventing artificial intelligence programs since he finished his college degree. Napaka-talented niya pala in this article that made his works sold in a minute to other artificial intelligence companies out their buying his programs.

I scanned his documented photos, he's been very serious in every photo. Hindi man lang siya ngumiti at napakaformal niya sa mga pictures.

I gasp when I heard a foosteps kaya binalik ko agad ang mga magazines. I look around and saw his serious face approaching me. Hinila niya ako sa braso kaya napatayo na lang ako.

"Hey, I didn't order you to walked out while we're having a dinner. You understand?" He insists and gritted his teeth, holding my wrist.

"Stop it, I'm hurting." I say and pulled my wrist out from him but he's too strong.

"You follow my orders, Johanna."

"Stop kissing your girl while we're having dinner too!"

Sa galit at inis ko sa kanya ay 'yon na lang ang nasabi ko. Nagtaka naman ang mukha niya at nahila ko na ang braso ko. Napahawak siya sa mukha niya habang nag-iisip ng sasabihin niya pabalik sa akin. Bakit? Nakakahiya naman talaga na may hinahalikan siya in front of the food. Konting respeto naman sana sa biyaya.

"What did you say?"

"I don't want to repeat it again, Alejus..."

But then he came closer to me. Tinitigan niya ako na parang tumatagos within my soul. Napasinghap ako when our lips are inches away. I can hear his heartbeats and his breathing is not becoming normal. He clenched his jaw and closed his eyes for a second and looked in my eyes again.

"Fine. I want you to take all the tests that Plinth will give you tonight."

"What?"

"Plinth," he snaps his finger and Plinth came to the living room.

"Yes, Alejus?" The robot asks.

"I want you to watch Subject Five for me and make sure she'll finish all the tests tonight." He ordered Plinth and grab me closee to him. I can feel his strong muscles.

"Okay, Alejus." The robotic sound of Alejus came in. "But it's already night, the Subject needs to rest."

Tinaasan ni Alejus ng kilay si Plinth. Mabuti pa ang robot niya may puso.

"Are you suggesting me to change what I ordered you, Plinth?" He asks in desperation.

"No, Alejus. My appologies... Subject Five, we'll begin your test in ten minutes. Please come after me." Plinth said and started walking out of the living room.