30. Twisted Games

Chapter 30 - Twisted Games

Five months later...

"Plinth, have you booked my flight to Paris?" I ask Plinth while I was tucking my neck tie.

"Yes, Alejus. Your flight will be on 30th of April at exactly 19:00. Do you wish to reschedule it?"

Umiling ako sa kanya. I grab the bottled water at the counter top.

"No. That's fine. How about my sister? Do you know where she is?"

He tracked down my sister using his new technology that I programmed. He pointed out that she's at the grocery store with her fiancé.

"Okay, that's fine. You can now rest Plinth."

Naupo ako sa couch at sinandal ang ulo ko sa head rest. Gusto kong mag-relax na lang muna from my stressful work. Konti na lang ay sasabog na ako. I got tons of work still waiting for me.

Since the day that my sister bind our company to Paul's I got a lot of work to do. Their management sucks and then it came to me as messy as my life is when Johanna left me for that guy.

Yes, Johanna left me for that guy. She didn't listen to what I planned. She listened to him and to my sister. She lied to me. She even confirmed that she's having a relationship with him on one of her social media account and this breaks my heart.

She lied and she betrayed me again. Damn it!

Nasapo ko ang mukha ko at pilit na kinakalimutan ang pangyayari matapos kong malaman ang ginawa sa akin ng kapatid ko at ng taong mahal ko.

The day when Webb Corporation and Paul's corporation made a joint venture into creating AI robots, that's the day when Johanna and Paul walked away from me. I thought it was about her surgery first and she will come back after, but it isn't. It was about her feelings for Paul.

Ang hirap mag-explain e, kasi ang sakit. Paano ko ba sisimulan?

So my sister convinced me about our company binding together and then she planned to help Johanna into her surgery. She mentioned that Johanna's willing to do it with Paul. Hindi na ako nakipagtalo dahil siguro alam niyang busy ako at hindi makakasama sa kanya.

We didn't communicate at all because I was busy handling the two companies and dealing with my sister. My sister told me that Johanna's doing fine. She's fine with Paul. Until she said that I won't be texting Johanna because she's recovering from the surgery. She decided to take my phone down because it will distract my attention to my work. For two weeks, I have no phone. I only have Plinth to notify me at everything. My sister then decided to take my phone back and geez, it has a lot of unread messages and unanswered phone calls from the investors and an unknown number. But the thing that hurt me is about Johanna not calling me at all.

I just want closure that time. We don't have an official break-up at all.

I tracked the unknown phone number and it's from Paris. I tried calling it and I know it was her, not until we had this conversation. I still remember how it was.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat when she picks up.

"Hi. This is Johanna." She speaks with a jolly tone in her voice.

"Johanna, I uh... This is Alejus. Do you miss me?"

Matagal bago siya makasagot. Maybe she's speechless or something. Until I heard her sighs.

"I am sorry, Mister. But I think you're calling the wrong number."

That words hurt me the most. She didn't even recognize me.