3. Hard On Me

Chapter 3 - Hard On Me

I sat on the dining chair while I wait for her to join me in the dinner.

"Good evening, Alejus. The dinner for tonight; beef broccoli, turkey caserole, and your favorite cilantro lime chicken. All are served with care. Enjoy."

Plinth introduced the dinner menu and when she arrived, I sit straight and comfortably while I look at her. She looks like I intimidate her and she carefully sit while looking at the dishes served in plates.

"You didn't say that we're having a feast tonight." She smiled at me.

That gorgeous smile of her makes me want her so bad.

I don't smile back so I just ready my plate and my spoon and fork.

"It's just the dinner." I formally said.

I heard her sigh and she begin to ready her plate as well as her spoon and fork.

We ate in silence as she began chewing her beef because she has no knife to cut it.

"Can I borrow your knife?" She asks.

"You are restricted to hold a knife, Subject Five."

Plinth answered her while I look at her. Sumimangot siya dito at kumain na ulit.

"Why am I restriced to use a knife? I'm just gonna cut this beef." She whimpered.

I don't respond. One of my rules here is to restrict the Subjects to hold something that might use as a weapon, including knife. I don't trust people easily. Even if she's pretty and I think kind, I don't trust her yet. I have trust issues.

"Plinth," I called my AI.

"Yes, Alejus?"

"Can you cut Subject Five's beef?" I ordered.

"Of course, Alejus."

Plinth moved came near her and cut the beef in her plate. When he's done, tinitigan ko lang ang namamanghang mukha niya kay Plinth and when she saw me ay bumalik din sa dati ang maamo niyang mukha.

"So his name is Plinth, am I right?" She started.

"Yeah," I chew my food and eat it. When I'm done she begin asking again.

"What can he do?"

"A lot."

"Nice answer." She said in sarcastic tone.

"Johanna, you can ask Plinth about anything, you can ask him to do this and that, he's an AI with advance commands and technology. His clones will be in the market very soon that will change human lives for the better." I explained.

She drinks some water and speak again.

"Why soon?"

Hindi ko na siya sinagot but instead I ask her. "How's your headache? Are you okay?"

After a minute she's done and wipe her mouth using table napkin. She looked at me and answered. "It's fine, feeling better. So... what you're gonna do with me?"

I breathe out and finished my food then drink some water before answering her.

"This contract is very important to me. Tomorrow, you'll take some tests and Plinth will assist you for that."

"Hindi ba ako pwedeng lumabas?"

"No. Outside world is restricted for you. And tomorrow, you'll take my insertion."