22. Me, Johanna

Chapter 22 - Me, Johanna

I step out of my car and find the business building where she's working with. And of course, so many people in business suit and dresses wearing their masks on because it's a masquerade party.

Good thing hindi nila ako makikilala and bad thing mahirapan akong hanapin si Johanna because of this mask and it's night, mukhang mahihirapan nga akong hanapin siya.

The receptionist asked me for the invitation card the company's giving to their employees, good thing meron ako. Dwayne have a friend working here so he borrowed it and gave it to me. That's how networks work ey.

Nang maverify ang invitation ko ay dumiretso na ako sa loob. The building is huge enough like ours. This company called Bright is as huge as my company is. They are our number one competitor when it comes to creating AIs and software computers.

The venue seems like a luxury party and I look for my target, Johanna. Where the hell is she?

Pumasok ako sa mismong hall kung saan nangkukumpulan ang mga bisita. They're chatting and laughing and I'm like searching for nothing. Posible kaya na nandito siya?

Natigil ako sa kakalakad nang marinig kong nagfeedback ang mic nila and saw some guy in the stage.

"Good evening everybody!" He greets.

I focused my attention on the guy that's been on stage. He seems like the president or something in high of position because they turned out so silent when they hear him speaks.

"For those of you wondering, I'm Paul, your president." He chuckled and I heard the audience laughed too.

Paul, yes I know him. I even heard him once featured in a magazine. Minana niya ang kompanya sa mga namatay niyang magulang a year ago. There's been some foul play behind his parent's tragic accident but I don't know if it's true.

"I'm glad that you came all here tonight to celebrate our success; the launch of our new AI product software. Our product name is Georgina, which is an all around AI for home chores. Georgina is now available in the market and now getting a 20% sales in just half a day! I'm sure everyone in the house will love Georgina, their new home companion. You know guys, Georgina's nothing without you. I wanna thank you all for the hardwork. Cheers!"

The people around clap their hands for celebrating their success. Success shit! They copied my work!

Why am I even here? And to think 20% lang ang sales nila in half a day. Kami nakuha namin ang market in about 80%. We launched Plinth too kanina nang makaalis si Siara sa bahay.

We're still the best AI developer even though they copied the program of Plinth. And funny thing is they named it Georgina.

"And I wanna thank our Vice President, Johanna, for working on building Georgina. Let's welcome her!"

And for a moment, I froze. She came out of the blinds wearing white dress, her hair's tied in a messy bun,  her lips so red, her heels so high. She's like a beauty queen came out of the backstage.

Hinalikan ng Paul ang kamay niya at pinaupo sa couch at naupo din ito sa tabi niya. It's like a talk show and Johanna's the guest.

May hawak din siyang mic and she speaks, "Thank you. All of our works are successful because of you." She looked so amaze looking at him.

Wait, what is that look? Something's going on with them?

I swallowed and cleared my throat. Looking at them, they're like a couple.

"Johanna, you know that you work so hard for it and I never doubted your skills. By the way, how's your head?" He asks.

Kinapa ni Johanna ang batok niya and I saw the chip that I inserted to her. Umiilaw ito and the crowd gasps when they saw the chip lighting inside.