9. Consequence

Chapter 9 - Consequence

"Ano bang nangyayari sayo, Alejus? Are you out of your mind?"

Here we go again. My sister is upset about what I did last night to our boards. It's how she reacts whenever I did things that's out of her expectations.

"It's natural, Siara. I'm the CEO and I know what to do." I calmly say and look at the window, seeing all the buildings around our building.

Nilapitan niya ako at pinaharap sa kanya. We're alone in my office at ang galit niyang mukha at iritable ang nangingibabaw sa loob.

"Alejus, punong-puno na ako sa mga ginagawa mo. I helped you find subject and here you are acting out of control! Ano bang problema mo? Johanna's cooperating with your experiments to her. Hindi mo ba kayang tapusin ang project in a month?"

She stood up in front of me and saying those words in her most irritated tone. I chuckled at her and look at the window again, not even answering me.

"Alejus!"

She gripped and touch my arms waiting for my reply.

I sigh and face her. "Okay, Siara. Tell me what to do."

"You'll do as they demand you. AI prototype will launch in the market after a month of your experiment. Not months, we need month. Thirty days from now, Alejus." She emphasized while looking at me, ordering me to do what she said.

As much as I want to launch my AI in the market or Plinth's prototype, it can't be. I don't want to hurt somebody else. My project has its own consequences.

"I can do that, Siara."

"Then what's the problem? Johanna's cooperating with you. She's doing great in her tasks. What is the problem with you, brother?"

I looked her in the eye with gritted teeth. She knows what she's talking about.

"Johanna's the problem."

"What about her? She's cooperating with you, right?"

"Yeah," napayuko ako. I had my hands inside my pocket. I came to look at her again and speak up. "You know the consequences when I launch the prototype successfully."

Natigil din siya and realized what's my point, but then she just shrugged.

"Then you're gonna be recognized again and we'll gonna have that billion dollars, Alejus." She cupped my face with her convincing face this time.

My sister's been so focused when it comes to my projects. She molded me to become heartless, not to care about others lives. The past experiments became successful to Plinth, and the Subject's family members received our payment sent straight through their bank accounts. That's how legible the contract is. But there's a consequence.

"I know you can do it, Alejus. Johanna's just our Subject. She signed that contract and she got nothing to lose. No family members, no connections, no nothing, brother. She's perfect to become our Subject and she's intelligent too." She convinced.

"Okay,"

"That's it. That's my brother." She smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek. I looked away. Lumayo din ako sa kanya after she kissed me.

"But I need to do it alone, in my own terms. No calls from the boards, no pressure from you. Only me working with Johnanna, understand?" This time I got the authority.

She came close and hug me from the side.

"Okay, if that's what you want. Just finish the project in thirty days from now. The boards are hungry of the prototype's feature." She hugged me convincing what to do.