36. Emergency

Found no time to proofread or edit ;(

Vivek's Pov:

When the clock struck five, I cleared my desk, hung my bag, and walked out of the office premises. My phone went off while descending the stairs.

"Hello Rahul," I answered the call from my brother.

"Bhai?" His surprised tone reached my ears.

"Yes. You sound surprised," I asked, making my way to the parking lot.

"Nothing. I thought I called my friend." He stated.

"Acha. How are you?" I asked.

"I am good," He responded.

"What are you up to?" I questioned, leaning against my bike.

"Just got done with a meeting," he responded.

"How's work?" I asked.

"I am settling in well. A lot of responsibilities," he answered.

"You asked for it," I stated.

"I don't regret but ughhh the investors are being the pain in the neck." He left an irritated sigh.

"Why? What's wrong?" I probed as soon as my ears perked up.

Early days my best WWE competition. My favorite bowler whenever I wanted to play cricket. My loyal servant who would always bring me a glass of water whenever ordered, he disliked me for this, but what's the point when you have a younger brother and don't throw orders at him. We drifted apart as we got busy with our college and lives. Each of us was fighting our own independent battles. His was more fierce because of the field he chose. Coming from less strict yet conservative parents, both of us from time to time have to watch out for each other's back.

"We aren't getting on the same page with them without disagreements," he explained.

"You would be fine," I stated optimistically.

"Yeah. Now enough of me and my work. How are you and Bhabhi?" He asked.

"Pretty good," I replied.

"I need to apologize to Bhabhi," he stated after a moment.

"Why?" I was mystified. As far as I remember, Ananya hadn't mentioned that Rahul has upset her in any way.

"She ringed me up the other day to wish me for the sixth month anniversary of the startup. To be honest, I completely forgot about the date. She had called me when I was in a meeting with the investors. I replied to her wishes with a curt thank you. I am sorry." he revealed and apologized to me.

"That's a bit rude. But don't worry, she would understand. Talk to her." I spoke.

"Yeah. I would," he answered.

"Chalo, then I will talk to you later. I am heading home." bidding bye I ended his call.

I placed my shoes in the shoe rack and strolled into my home in quest of my wife.

Seated comfortably on the sofa, she was still in the same saree she wore to the school this morning, with a pen tucked in her messy bun and a noted pad on her lap. She was eagerly scrolling through her phone.

"Didn't you hear my bike sound?" I asked wistfully. Every evening when I come back home, upon hearing my bike sound, she cheerfully saunters to the front door.

"I heard. I just came in when you were closing the gate." she placed her phone away and pulled me onto the sofa.

"You said you have some news to share," I yawned, leaning on her side.