17. First anniversary

Guys! I did not get any time to edit this chapter so please ignore the mistakes if you find any.

❣️ Happy reading ❣️

                       ******

"You bought that?" I was skeptical regarding his deed. He nodded his head as yes.

"That wasn't necessary, right? We already discussed the expenses Vivek," I asked exasperated

"Ananya, calm down," Vivek held me by my shoulder and walked me outside.

"This is for you," he added.

"Me? Why me? I don't need it," I told, looking at him.

He watched the shock register on my face before I could hide it. A small smile danced on his lips.

"I noticed how onerous it is to travel in the city buses. Last week I overheard a few of my female colleagues talk about how tough it is to manage through city buses after a tiring day at the office. I immediately thought about you and the following day you smacked your head on the bus. Given our work hours, I can't pick up you every day. So, I bought you this scooty."

"I would have managed, Vivek," I told.

"I don't want you to go in a bus, Anu. This is the least I could do to comfort you with the situation."

"That is very thoughtful of you," I said and side hugged him.

"Now come, I will explain the features to you." He tugged me towards the bike.

He explained to me the features of this two-wheeler and the reason behind choosing this brand among numerous other brands. The most conspicuous element of the scooty to me is its colour. It is a navy blue coloured vehicle.

"You could have atleast told me before going and purchasing it," I spoke.

"In that case, how will it be a surprise?" He questioned.

I nodded my head and inspected the scooty.

"How much did it cost?" I inquired, caressing the seat.

"You need not worry about the cost. This is my present to you for the anniversary." He stated.

"It better not be awfully pricey," I muttered.

"How do you women get economics into every conversation? Once I gifted a gold ring to Mamma on her birthday and instead of acknowledging it, she reprimanded me that the gold prices were recorded the highest that week and preached me for the untimely purchase. Why can't you just appreciate our efforts?" he demanded.

"Aww, Mamma's boy must have been so upset," I pulled his cheeks teasingly.

"But on a serious note. Saving money is necessary too. Everything we purchase should be based on pre-calculated measures. That is what Ma might have tried to explain you." I said.

"Yeah, whatever," he rolled his eyes.

"You know Shilpa loves this colour. I will call her tonight and boast about my surprise gift." I giggled.

Shilpa was always fond of these things, but in her first year of college, she rode her friend's scooty and fractured her left arm. Since then, Amma always kept her away from scooty.

"I am not sure if I can ride it in this city traffic," I told.

"You will adapt to this city traffic soon. You are giving me a lift tomorrow. I left my bike at the office." he said.

"Why did you leave your bike there?" I asked confused.

"Showroom manager called me to inform me that the scooty was ready to be delivered. I took permission from my manager to leave early. Akhil, my colleague dropped me at the showroom so that I could pick up the scooty." he clarified.