39. My home

Eid Mubarak everyone✨

Ananya's Pov:

My fingers moved vigorously on the calculator as I hit the keys to calculate the pending bills. I glanced towards the stack of bills on the dining table. I am almost done calculating the due bills. It had been a frantic and hectic week of the wedding.

Indian wedding is a huge affair and so are the bills. Most of the wedding costs were split equally, according to Shilpa's and Shlok's decision. Few bills were due and Baba entrusted me with the responsibility to calculate the dues by end of the day.

After all, when the wedding is done and the guests have gone home, there'll be plenty of cleaning up to do as well. While we take great care to put together a plan that will make the wedding a success, we put not much thought into how to clean up damaging nothing. Vivek and stayed back to help my parents. Everything is almost sorted and we will leave tomorrow.

I leaned back in the chair and shut my weary eyes. At last, I could breathe a sigh of relief! While I was thinking about the dinner menu in my head, Amma's voice brought me out of my contemplation.

"Vivek, are you alright?" Amma walked to Vivek, who just stepped into the house.

"Yes Ma, just a mild headache." My tired-looking husband answered, slouching on the sofa.

"You don't seem alright. Were you roaming under the sun before stepping into the house?" Amma moved closer.

I placed the neatly stacked bills in between the pages of the diary where the dues were jotted down. Proceeding towards them, I sat next to Vivek.

"He was supervising the men who came to collect the decorative lights on our terrace," I answered Amma.

"Your Baba would have taken care of that. What was the need to send Vivek?" She frowned, filling a glass of water for Vivek.

"Baba is not home he went to the wedding hall to collect the things we forgot during the wedding," I spoke.

"When did he go? I was not informed," Amma bemused.

"20 minutes ago. You were on call with Nani. Baba informed me." I replied. Both of us completely forgot about my husband's headache.

Nodding her head she spoke, "You too look tired Anu," turning to Vivek, Amma suggested, "Both of you rest. I will wake up before the evening tea."

"I will give you a head massage," I declared upon entering the bedroom and moved to the dressing table to fetch oil.

"No. It's just a mild headache. Come, let's sleep." He held my hand and proceeded to the bed.

One of his arms loosely wrapped around my waist, gently resting on my stomach. He buried his face into my neck just so he can whisper his feelings against my skin, placing soft kisses at the back of my jaw in-between his words.

His warm breath is slightly ticklish, and with each kiss I can feel my skin prickling up, a wave of goosebumps washing over me. He loves it when I run my fingers through his hair. He'll turn to putty into my hands, ceasing any movement so that he wouldn't disturb me. If I stop, he'd grip onto my waist a little tighter, asking me to keep going just for a few more moments. His tender voice sounded so pleading, so vulnerable, as if he were completely at my mercy, as if he'd break if I didn't keep going.

I ran my hand up over his shoulder and into his hair. I scratched gently over his scalp, and his eyes fell closed. He smiled and relaxed against me, chest to chest, heart beating in time with mine. My fingers gently played with his hair, massaging his head as he let out a soft murmur of pleasure, hugging me closer to him.