15. Is there a bun in the Oven?

Ananya's Pov:

The light breeze touched the leaves and they danced in the air and sky was awash with various shades of grey, in places a chink of light managed to break through, but otherwise, it was almost as dark as the night. The air was humid and smelt of rain.

I came back from the school two hours ago and Vivek came back from office ten minutes ago.

"Vivek, come here," I called him from the kitchen.

"What?" he asked, standing at the threshold of the kitchen entrance wiping his face with a towel.

"I can't open this," I said, giving him a Tiffin box.

He opened it effortlessly in a jiffy and returned it to me. I filled the box with pakora's and closed the lid.

"Who is that for?" he asked, picking a bottle from the fridge.

"Aarthi aunty. Yesterday, she sent us gajar halwa. I am going upstairs to return her the box." I answered, moving into the hall.

"I kept cooker on the stove, turn off the stove after five whistles," I added adjusting my saree.

"Ok. Come quickly. You always forget that you have a husband waiting at home when you get into a chatting session." he glowered.

"That's not true." I snickered and made my way out to upstairs.

Aarthi aunty was struggling to feed her granddaughter Sitara while Sitara is busy ignoring her grandmother and tried to entertain herself with toys.

"I notice that someone is troubling their Nani," I spoke in baby tone while entering their living room.

Sitara turned towards me and gave a heartmelting smile and went back to her play.

"This girl can roam around the house without food. She has eaten nothing since the time she woke up from her afternoon nap." Aarthi aunty complained.

"Don't worry, aunty. She will eat, try feeding her after some time." I said.

"Sit down, Ananya," she asked me to sit while she left to wash her hands.

"I made pakora's after I came back from school. Have it while it is still hot." I said passing her the tiffin box.

"The weather is too good to have this. Even I thought to make these, but Sitara woke up early today, so I dropped the idea. Anil Ji likes pakora's with tea in this weather." she said, placing the tiffin box on the table.

"Yeah, the weather is too good," I spoke looking out of the window.

"Nimisha is urging us to come to Canada for a month. She feels, that way we can drop off Sitara there and can spend some time with them," she said. Nimisha is Aarthi aunty's daughter.

"That's a marvelous idea, when are you flying to Canada?" I inquired.

"Anil Ji and I have never been on an airplane in our life. Now traveling with a toddler on a plane is a nightmare to me. I don't think we can handle the visas and customs by ourselves. I requested Nimisha to come to India for a week or two and take Sitara with her." she spoke.

Sitara pressed a button on her Dog toy. It started blinking lights and played music. Sitara moved back from the doll and walked to us with wobbling legs. The kid moved like her knees were just hinges, wobbling back and forth before falling on her padded bottom. Then she clapped like it was all part of the plan and rolled to her stomach to get up again. She was looking cute as hell. Aarthi aunty dressed her in a primrose pinafore dress. The girl giggled, waving her arms for the pickup, but before I hoisted her high, she was on her bottom again.