Bonus chapter 2

Fasten your seatbelts.

Hold your breath.

You are about to read about the mayhem when Ananya was nearly dead, but on the contrary, was born, yet again.

Ananya was going to experience motherhood. Ananya and Vivek left for Ananya's parents home.

The delivery was scheduled for the last week of the following month. It happened on the last day of Vivek's one week stay in Ananya's parents home. Vivek had packed his luggage to leave early the next morning for his work place and return around the time she was expected. The last few days of her pregnancy were supposed to be spent at home, close to her dependable gynaecologist.

Everything had been organised and planned. However, the infant had other ideas. The baby's ideas also didn't match up with theirs. They had no idea that the next few minutes would take them and the hospital staff on an unpredictable roller coaster ride filled with chaos.

Ananya's parents just left for a function and would be back before midnight. Vivek and Ananya were eating dinner after helping Vivek pack his bag for the trip. Delicious butter chicken and Naan were for the dinner.

They started eating just before nine o'clock. Ananya's stomach was only half full as she felt a stream of liquid ride down her thighs, running down her calves and drench her legs.

"God! My bladder has failed me again," she told her husband.

"Oh, can I change your clothes?" Vivek asked.

She was reluctant. She was still hungry. Pregnancy will drive anyone crazy when they get to the last few months. The appetite will almost double and one would feel like they're gobbling a feast forgetting subtle table manners.

"Should I stop eating first?" She asked with a puppy face. It's enough to melt his heart.

"As you wish. You usually feel uncomfortable and can't stand the humidity for a few seconds. Besides, you feel funny, don't you?" Before she can answer him, more liquid flowed out, forming a small puddle around her legs.

She jumped, but doesn't leave a piece of Naan in her hand. Pushing it into her mouth, she rushed into the washroom.

"Are you okay?" Vivek looked in. Her cotton salwar lay in a heap at her feet as she sat on the comode.

She shrugged her shoulders. All she knew was that her bladder was not wrong this time. She wiped the liquid from her thigh with her fingers and felt it. It's slime. She can't tell the smell because she don't want to put finger to her nose. She don't want to throw up her delicious dinner.

"Say something," Vivek yelled worried as she zoned out.

"I think the water broke. We have to rush to the hospital. You see..." Before she could finish, a crazy contraction griped her lower belly. "I'm going to die!" That's the only line she remembered.

The intensity of the pain is insane. Even though she was dying, She had enough sense to get up from the toilet and hold Vivek's hand to come into the bedroom.

"You cannot go to your office now. Call the hospital. I told them about my condition. Call Amma. And pass me the dinner. I'm still hungry." She planted herself amidst the contractions and instructed her confused husband, who was acting like a headless chicken making calls, feeding her, holding her hand and offering her water.

The first contraction has subsided and she was on her feet. She barged towards Vivek's bag, emptied his things on the bed and walked back to the almirah.

"We have to pack my bag. My clothes and baby... Hold on to it. I have no clothes for the baby. The mother should bring them. What should I do now? " she screamed at the top of her lungs as another sharp pain hit her. She collapsed back onto the bed.