3.The Reason

Ma has denied my help in clearing the table after lunch and asked me to rest.I entered our bedroom and saw that Vivek was on a phone call. I bolted the door and walked to the bed, he is too engrossed to notice my presence in the room. 

I want both of us to sit and solve our issue like adults rather than this callow behaviour. Though his behaviour was normal infront of his parents in the morning, he completely ignored me once we were in our room. I thought to have a serious talk with him after the breakfast but he went out with papa for some paperwork in the government office nearby and was back during lunch time.

Today, I am in no mood to endure his cold behaviour. I just want to end our differences.

Flashback ( 10 days ago )

Vivek had a busy and rough day at the office. He rang the doorbell and waited impatiently for Ananya to open the door. Ananya just had a shower and was draping her saree when she heard the doorbell ringing continuosly, holding the half draped saree she walked to the living room in her blouse and underskirt and peeked through the peep hole and saw Vivek tapping his foot impatiently. She opened the door immediately.

"Ananya, what took you so long to open the door." he asked grumpily entering inside and threw his office bag on the couch.

"I just came out showering and was dressing," she pointed to her half draped saree.

Putting his shoe in the shoe rack he observed her state. Her was cleavage inviting and her waist was teasing. The water droplets from her wet hair were gliding from her neck and disappeared into her blouse through her cleavage.

She walked back into their room holding her saree and Vivek followed her impatiently. While she was pleating her saree Vivek got hold of her hand and undid the pleats.

"I had a bad day at work" he said pulling her closer holding her waist , "and I want you to turn this day into a good one."

He nuzzled into her neck and proceeded further down. He unhooked the first hook of her blouse and Ananya held his hand halting his actions.

"Vivek, not now. I need to go to Aruna aunty's house for her daughter's baby shower." she said.

"Leave after few minutes," he said in a pleading tone, "just a quickie please." he pushed himself more into her.

"That sounds appealing, but I should rush I am already late." she said kissing his neck.

He sighed moving away and settled on the bed with an irritated look.

Ananya got ready, occasionally looking at him. He looked really pissed. Giving up the idea of going out, she walked to him and settled beside him on the bed.

He is a man with immense sexual desires and he always has his ways with her. Always

Vivek picked up his boxers from cold floor and walked into the washroom. Ananya layed their naked under the sheets, slowly slipping into the sleep when her phone rang loudly, groaning she moved to her side of the bed and picked up her phone and answered it.

Vivek came out of the bathroom and found the bed empty, changing into fresh clothes he moved in to the living room and found Ananya on a call.

She held the phone in one hand and with the other hand she struggled to button her nightie. Vivek swatted away her hands and buttoned it for her. She ended the call few minutes later and walked in to the kitchen to make coffee.

She handed a coffee cup to Vivek who sat on the couch stretching his legs onto the center table watching some news channel.

"Amma has called," she said sitting beside him and sipping her coffee, "They are on a groom hunt for Shilpa. Baba was thinking to get her married before he retires."

Getting no reply from him she turned to his side and saw him engrossed in deep thoughts.

"Vivek, where are you lost?" she nudged him.

"Nothing" he replied putting his cup on the table.

"No, there is something. Now tell me." she probed him.

"Tell your Baba that I am thinking of Rahul for Shilpa." he told turning to her.

Rahul is Vivek's younger brother. He was a software techie in a MNC but soon dropped out of his job to start a business along with his friend but it only ended up drowning in losses due to his friend's betrayal. Now he is trying to figure out ways to find work.

Rahul and Shilpa didn't get along well since the beginning. Leaving two of them in a room is the worst decision ever.

"Rahul??" she asked looking at him, "you know they are two poles apart."

"Ananya, no two persons are same," he said shrugging.

"I don't think Rahul is the correct choice." she said

"What do you mean by not the correct choice," he asked exasperated, "you think he is not a good person?"

"Vivek, don't put words in my mouth." she said giving him an impossible look.

"No Ananya, then tell me your intentions." he said questioning her.

The argument grew from nowhere into a tornado. There were in opposite camps, suddenly blind to each other's good intentions and building barricades instead of bridges.The argument was cold. Every word over pronounced, slicing rather than tumbling through the dry air.Their voices rose above the silence. Every small comment stirred a hurricane of harsh and horsed insults.

Vivek stromed  out of the house leaving Ananya to herself. Ananya sat their rewinding the whole argument. Vivek was wrong to misinterpret her intentions and she was wrong, when instead of correcting him she spoke along in a rage and made him believe that she was thinking ill about his brother.

When Vivek came back home Ananya tried to talk to him but he was in no mood to listen to her. He gave her a cold shoulder through out the week.

This is the first major fight in their eight months of married life.

( End of flash back )

Vivek ended the call and turned around, seeing me on the bed he tried to walk out off the room.I walked behind him fastly forgetting about my sprained ankle.

  *****

Readers opinion is much appreciated.
It means the world to me if you people spread a word about my book and encourage my work.