Meanie

I've decided to post chapters as I finish them for the next couple days.

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

Now that Allison knew I was sick, I knew she would be a thorn in my side. She would be a constant reminder about me needing to get better as soon as possible just so she wouldn't constantly be getting on to me about it. Despite her being little she could certainly act just like a mom.

"Mommy," Allison said as she poked my cheek repeatedly. I raised an eyebrow as I looked down at her, rolling my eyes when she gave me a cheeky grin.

"Can I help you little Miss?" I questioned.

"I didn't do nothing," she said as she looked away, a small giggle escaping her lips. She always thought she was so sneaky when doing things like trying to get my attention and then claiming she hadn't done anything. She always had little tells when doing it too. She would have this goofy little grin or she would be giggling or her eyes glimmered with mischievousness. Always these little tells that proved she had indeed done something.

"I am sure you didn't," I said as I pretended to look away. She gave a cheeky grin, leaning forward and kissing my cheek before pulling back quickly. I pretended like I hadn't seen it and that I was shocked. "Who just kissed my cheek? Was it you?" I questioned as I tickled her sides, earning squeals of denial.

"No," she shook her head as she crossed her arms over her chest. "It was daddy," she said pointing behind me. I looked back and saw Maxon standing a few feet behind me and saw his expression change to shock.

"You lie," he said. "I shall never forgive you for this betrayal. Oh woe is me," he said as he stumbled off, fake collapsing to the ground. "Your betrayal has slain me, I am dead," he said as he fell on his back and closed his eyes.

"Daddy's so silly," I chuckled as I sat the squirming Allison down. She went over to Maxon and looked down at him.

"Daddy's broken," she informed me as she sat down on his stomach. Maxon grunted and opened his eyes after a second.

"Yes, I know Daddy's broken. He's been broken for years," I said.

"Hey, you keep your mouth shut and worry about your grey hair," Maxon said as he pointed at me. I glared at him as Allison poked his cheek multiple times making him look at her.

"You have grey hair daddy," she informed him.

"Excuse you? You come to me on the day of my death and sit on my dead body and then say I have grey hair?" he questioned.

"No, I would never," Allison said as she got up and ran back to me. Maxon jumped up and chased after her, crashing into me when she hid behind me.

"Ow," I said as I barely managed to stay standing to not knock Allison down. Maxon tumbled back and grabbed my hand, pulling me down on top of him.

"I have just got to stop knocking you off your feet babe," he chuckled as I glared at him. He kissed my lips gently in hopes of distracting me from my obvious annoyance.

"I want to join the cuddle pile," Allison said as she sat on my back and hugged me tightly. I laughed as I rolled my eyes slightly with a small smile on my lips. I lay like that for a bit before turning over slightly, letting Allison cling to Maxon instead.

"Hey, not fair. You're the mommy, she's supposed to cling to you," Maxon fake complained. He sighed as he hugged Allison.

"You're a meanie head, I am going to tell your mommy that you are mean," Allison said as she wriggled out of his hug and took off down the hall.

"You get back here, I am not trying to get my ass beat by your grammy," Maxon said as he scrambled up and ran after Allison. I sighed as I watched them, a small smile on my lips. I ended up in a coughing fit, my throat aching at the end of it.

"Those two are nothing but trouble," I said as I got up. I followed after them, watching Maxon scoop up Allison just before she could get into a room. Maxon acted like he was going to drop her, making her squeal loudly.

"Help me," she said loudly as she flailed about in his hold. "Save me," she called as she tried to climb out of his hold.

"What is going on?" Elena asked as she opened a door down the hall.

"Grammy, help me. Daddy is mean and he swore," Allison said before Maxon covered her mouth, muffling her words.

"Don't listen to her, she is imagining things. She made it all up," Maxon said as he threw Allison over his shoulder.

"No, I didn't you liar," Allison squealed as she kicked her legs. "Someone help me," she said.

"Give me my grandbaby," Elena said as she walked over to Maxon.

"I would love to but I have to go throw her into the corner," Maxon said.

"You can't do that," Allison said as she hit at his back. "Let me go," she said as she managed to twist out of his hold, dropping to the ground. She ran to Elena and smiled when she was picked up. "Haha I got to Grammy," she stuck her tongue out at Maxon.

"Wow Maxon, she really outsmarted you," I said as I walked to Maxon and patted his back.

"She's mean to me Annie," he whined as he turned to me and rested his head on my shoulder. He hugged me, looking at Elena and Allison. "I hope you know your abandonment means that Annabelle is all mine and I will not be sharing her anymore," he stated.

"She's my mommy," Allison objected as she glared at Maxon. "You can't have her," she said.

"Yes I can," Maxon retorted as he lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder. "I am taking her right now," he said.

"Maxon put me down," I said as I pushed at his back, groaning when he ignored me and turned his back to Elena and Allison. "Allison is right, you are a meanie," I informed Maxon, laughing when he gasped audibly and put me down.

"Well I never. This meanie is going to be alone," he said as he crossed his arms over his chest and walked off with a frown on his lips.