Talk

My thought process is so derailed, like I can hardly focus on anything. It's fine though because a few days of just clearing my mind helped so I can continue writing again. I still am trying to decide on whether to continue updates like this or do longer ones with less frequent updates.

Also does anyone else just feel like starting a bunch of stories but then you know that you could never update them all fairly for everyone to enjoy. That seems to be my issue because my mind runs rampant with story ideas but I can never actually start writing them all because it wouldn't be fair to all of you who read my stories to have to wait for me to update them all.

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

I still felt worried about Allison wandering the castle even though I knew that no one came in or out of the castle without the guard's knowledge. The ball had ended hours ago and everyone had left, well everyone except three. One we knew was the one who tried to kill Cecilia and the other two we weren't quite sure why they had been found dead. One had died in the side room of the ballroom and the other had been found dead in the fountain. Both of them had brutal marks from weapons and I had been left with no choice but to assume that Allison had something to do with it.

"What are you thinking about dear?" Maxon asked as he sat down beside me on the bed. His hand slid up my back and I cold tell he was planning something.

"About those men that Cecilia's guards found dead. I just know Allison had something to do with it," I said as I leaned into him. I rested my head on his chest, the arm that wasn't on my back wrapping around my waist.

"So what if she did? In the time that I've known Allison she has only done what she's had to do to protect herself or others," Maxon said. "Besides it's just like that time I murdered that nobleman for insulting you," he murmured in my ear.

"You did not actually kill him. If you had than I would have made you sleep on the couch for half a night," I rolled my eyes as I tilted my head up and kissed his cheek.

"Ruffed him up, killed him. What's the difference?" he asked as he smirked slightly. "Half a night, oh how cruel. At least I get the couch and not the floor," he said.

"I can change that real quick," I warned him as I turned around and straddled him slightly. "Now behave," I said as I kissed his neck gently, nipping his neck gently. I groaned when there was knock on the door and slid off of his lap. "Whoever that was just ruined your chance of having some fun," I said.

"Damn it," he said as he got up. He walked to the door and opened it up. "Oh hey Maddison. Go away," he said as he went to shut the door.

"Maxon, stop it," I said as I got up. He groaned as he opened the door and let her in. "Is there anything you need Maddison?" I asked her as I approached her.

"No..not really," Maddison said as she looked around the room. She had always had the strange habit of avoiding eye contact when it came to things that were important to her. "I just... I need to talk to someone about Allison," she stated.

"Maxon shoo," I said. He gave me a dirty look and opened his mouth but went silent when I glared at him. "Go. We can continue what we were doing later," I told him making him groan as he left the room, slamming the door behind him. "What about Allison?" I asked her as I smiled at her.

 "I'm just so mixed on how I should feel about her return. Obviously I'm happy with her return and Victor will be elated when I tell him but I feel guilty. I feel like I didn't have the right to be sad since I didn't even know her that long or that well but she's my daughter," Maddison told me making me frown.

"Maddison, you had every right to be sad. Just because you didn't know her well or for long doesn't mean that you don't have the right to be sad. She's your daughter so of course you're sad," I told her as I  grabbed both of her hands. "If anyone didn't have a right to be sad it was me. I had only known her for a little less than a month when she disappeared so did I have the right to grieve?" I asked.

"You actually knew her though. She loved you and you were her mommy. I just showed up one day and said that she was my daughter," Maddison pointed out.

"And you were her mama. She loved you more than anything and you know that. When you weren't around she was always trying to find a way to equally split time between me and you did you know that? She wanted to show how much she loved you every day but was too scared of upsetting one of us to do it," I said with a frown. "Look Maddison, now that she's back she's bound to get her memory back and feel the same way," I stated plainly.

"I had no clue that she felt that way," Maddison murmured as she frowned deeply. "You're right but what can we do? She can't travel between kingdoms to spend time to with both of us equally especially considering her fear of the sea," she stated.

"You're right," I murmured as I frowned while thinking of what to do. "Isn't Draco a mage of some sort? The same with May right?" I asked making Maddison nod.

"Yeah they're both pretty practiced in magic I would say. I believe that they don't call it magic though and it's quite hard to convince them to use it," Maddison replied.

"Well I'm sure they would love to do it for their granddaughter, you know how family oriented to it," I said with a small smirk on my lips.

"I don't know how they feel about family. May's mother was pretty protective of her but she's distanced herself and Draco has two brothers that crazier than him. His younger brother has a crazy wife though with how many times that man has cheated on her I'm not surprised she is," Maddison explained making me nod.

"Well have a little talk with them and try to convince them to do it. They need to do this so that we can easily share time with her," I said with a smile. 

"I'll have a talk with them. Though I think we can both agree that it would be best if Allison spent most of her time with you and just had playdates over in my kingdom," she said making me nod.

"I think that would be for the best," I agreed.

"Good, I'll be going now," she said as she left quickly, a determined look on her face. I sank down into my bed and groaned softly.

"Why does life have to be so complicated," I muttered to myself as I rested my arm across my eyes to block out the light.