Reassurance

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

I sighed as I rested my head on the cool pillow, my eyes closing after a moment. Maxon was still walking around somewhere in the castle, probably sulking about our time being interrupted. I groaned when there was a knock on the door. "Come in," I called as I pushed myself up into a sitting position. I groaned when I saw Michelle's face when the door opened and lay back down. "What do you want Michelle?" I questioned.

"Your little one wanted you," Michelle said, making me turn my head. I smiled at Allison who was standing quietly behind my sister.

"Come here baby," I cooed making Allison come over to me, climbing onto the bed. "Thank you for bringing her to me," I murmured softly. Allison laid down beside me, nuzzling her head into my side.

"You're welcome Belle," Michelle said, making me roll my eyes at the nickname. "Bye bye Alli," she said as she waved before leaving.

"Bye bye auntie," Allison murmured as she waved back dismissively. "Mommy, I thirsty," she said as she tugged at my dress top. I carefully slipped my arms out of the sleeves before pulling my top down. I pulled one of my breasts out of my bra which made Allison crawl up to me and latch on.

"Easy baby," I cooed as she started to nurse, my hands running through her hair. Allison found her rhythm rather quickly which made me feel like she had never even left.

"Mommy what's this?" Allison asked as she played with my necklace that was lying close to her head.

"Daddy got it for me while you were gone baby," I said, making Allison pause her nursing to look at me.

"I was only gone a day mommy," she said, sounding confused. "Why you need a necklace for me being gone a day?" she questioned.

"Because you weren't just gone a day baby. You were gone for seven months," I said making Allison stare at me confused. "That a lot of weeks baby," I sighed, making her frown.

"I was not gone for weeks, you're lying," Allison said as she glared at me with a frown. "Was not gone for long," she muttered clearly upset.

"You were though baby," I said, making her hit my chest. "Allison!" I exclaimed surprised as I sat up grabbing her hands gently as she continued to try and hit my chest.

"I was not gone long time, mommy. You're lying," Allison said and I could see the confusion and sadness in her eyes. "You're lying," she whined as tears trickled down her face.

"I wish I was baby," I cooed as I pulled her close just as sobs started to escape her lips.

"I wasn't gone long. If Alli had been gone long, you would have forgotten," she said as she hiccupped softly.

"Forgotten what baby? What would mommy have forgotten?" I asked as I felt a spike of pain shoot through my heart that my baby was so upset.

"You would have forgotten about Alli," she told me, making me freeze as my blood went cold.

"What?" I asked as I tried to process what she said while also trying to figure out why she would think that.

"You would have forgotten about Alli. You wouldn't love Alli anymore," she said sadly making me burst into tears as I pulled her close.

"Mommy will always love you baby, always. No matter how long Alli is gone, mommy will always love her," I promised as I rocked her back and forth as she tried to get her breathing under control.

"Promise?" she hiccupped while looking me directly in the eyes.

"I promise and if it makes you feel better than I will make an extra special mommy promise that can't be broken," I said as I kissed the top of her head. "Now copy mommy's breathing baby, we don't want you getting sick," I said as I took deep breaths while gently pressing her head against my chest so that she could hear my heartbeat. Her eyes closed as she matched her breathing to mine as I gently rubbed my hand against her face.

"I love you," she murmured softly, her tiredness showing in her voice. Her face was tear streaked and her cheeks were red but she still was adorable. Her face had a peaceful look on it now that she was assured I would not forget about her.

"I love you too Alli, never forget that. Mommy will always love you," I whispered into her ear as I pulled her farther up and let her lay on top of me. Her hand reached up and tangled into my hair as she smiled happily.

"Alli will always love mommy," she murmured as she nuzzled into my chest, her head moving slightly as she latched on to my breast to finish nursing.

"I didn't know you were so thirsty," I teased as I gently scratched her back with a small smile on my lips.

"Hush," she whined as she blushed darkly, her face heating up. I laughed as I rubbed her back, my hand lightly patting her bottom. "You bully me," she muttered with a slight pout on her face.

"Oh I know, mommy is such a bully," I laughed as I lay my head back, feeling the cool pillow press against the side of my face. I knew I would have to flip the pillow in a little bit but for now it was cool enough for me to be comfortable.

"Mommy is a bully, I'm glad you've realized it Alli," Maxon said making me turn my head to look at him. I hadn't heard him come in which annoyed me so I usually always heard him before anyone else since he was so loud.

"Shut up Maxon, I will castrate you," I whispered while glaring at him. He frowned at me and raised an eyebrow.

"That can't always be your first threat when I upset you Annabelle," he said as he stuck his tongue out making me roll my eyes.

"Yes it can be, there's no law that says I can't threaten to castrate you when I'm upset," I stated.

"I'll make it a law," he muttered as he sat down on the bed, leaning into me with a small sigh escaping him.