Family

A whole chapter written in Maxon's point of view to try something new.

*Maxon's P.O.V*

I sighed as I scooted myself upwards, pulling Annabelle against me. I kissed her head as she played with Allison's hair, my eyes looking at my little family. I could tell things were going to be much better now that Allison was back.

"I am serious about making it a law by the way. I'll make it specifically say 'Queen Annabelle can not threaten to castrate King Maxon when he upsets her,'," I informed Annabelle, making her laugh softly.

"Well then I'll just threaten to do it when I'm not upset with you," she stated making me sigh as my head fell back against the headboard.

"Of course," I groaned as I rubbed my face. "You women always find a loophole," I muttered as I kissed the top of her head.

"Of course, isn't that why you married me? I could find the loophole in everything you said," she stated as she rested her head against my chest. "I missed this, I missed spending time with you and our baby," she murmured.

"I mean I married you because I loved you, not because you could find loopholes," I chuckled as I played with her hair, knowing that it helped her relax. "I missed spending time with you and Alli too," I murmured. "You know what I will miss even more now though?" I asked.

"What will you miss now?" she asked as she tilted her head up, smiling softly at me.

"I'll miss having your boobs to myself," I teased, making her smack my chest. 

"Seriously though you asshole, what will you miss?" she asked, making me chuckle as I kissed her lips gently.

"I'll miss not having to share you. Allison is a little troublemaker and she hogs your love," I said as I kissed her neck gently. "I love her but she seriously is mischievous," I murmured with a smile.

"She does not hog my love, you're just jealous," she laughed as she shook her head. "She takes after you," she sighed, her breath shaking for a moment. "Are you really upset about having to share me?" she asked.

"No, I'm not really upset. I just like to tease you my love," I stated with a small smile. We sat there in silence until Annabelle broke into a fit of coughing, making me move Allison away so that she could cuddle with me and not get disrupted in her sleep. "Are you okay?" I questioned making Annabelle shake her head. 

"Can you get me a tissue?" she asked as her coughing subsided for a moment. I leaned over and grabbed a tissue before handing to her. She wiped her lips and frowned when the tissue showed blood on it. 

"It's okay baby, we have medicine leftover from before we left home," I reassured her as I pulled her close.

"It hurts Maxon," she whispered  softly. "Can you go get my medicine?" she questioned, making me nod as I got up while laying Allison down next to her. I headed to the bathroom, opening the medicine cabinet. I searched through the cabinet for a moment before finding her medicine which I grabbed and brought to her. "Thank you," she murmured as she grabbed her water glass which was on the nightstand. She took her medicine quickly before laying back, her body shaking slightly.

"I thought you said it was getting better," I said as I clasped my hands together while sitting next to her. "You're lucky we still have some medicine because you didn't go to the doctor before we left," I stated.

"I thought I was better, Maxon. That's the whole reason I stopped taking the medicine in the first damn place," she said as she glared at me. "I would have gone to the doctor if I still knew I was sick, I didn't ask to get pneumonia," she stated.

"Don't get mad at me, I'm just concerned. You shouldn't have come with me, you're pneumonia probably got worse because of the cold air," I muttered as I grabbed her hand making her look at me and shake her head.

"I'll be fine Max, I've always ended up fine," she said as she gently squeezed my hand. 

"I know Annie, you always end up being fine but that doesn't mean I can't be worried about you," I sighed as I kissed her hand. "Your hands are so small and light compared to mine," I murmured.

"I have the hands of a lady and you have the hands of an oaf," she laughed as she pulled her hand away. 

"The disrespect," I muttered as I shook my head. "I have the hands of a refined gentleman," I stated.

"The hands of a refined gentleman? Says the man who runs from his mommy and jumps off balconies," she stated making me glare at her.

"I do not run from my mommy, I speed run away from her. Get it right," I said as I stuck my tongue out. "You're just jealous that your thin lady legs can't handle the shock of jumping from a balcony," I stated.

"I wouldn't want to jump off a balcony, I'd have to get my nails redone and there's a chance of them breaking which hurts like hell with the glue that's on them. Besides there's a chance that it could rip my real nail off," she said as she looked at her nails.

"Aren't you the one who always preaches that your nails are all natural? Seems like you're a bit of a liar," I teased, making her look up quickly and glare at me.

"I will cut you," she said as she leaned over, her face inches away from mine.

"At least you didn't say castrate this time," I stated with a smile as I leaned forward and kissed her gently. 

"Yeah, at the very least I didn't say I would castrate you this time," she chuckled softly. "What are we going to do about me being sick? I don't want Allison worrying about me," she stated.

"We don't tell her. You were on a fast track of recovery and this is just a minor setback," I said softly. "Nothing is going to disrupt our little family," I promised as I rested my head against hers, our noses touching.