Chapter 18

Amity's POV:

"Heeeeyyyy gu- er. Hexside students I don't know!"

Damn it Luz, really?

For somebody who has a major secret in being a literal superhero, she is really bad at lying.

Gus's slushy was dripping down the concrete step.

I looked between the three students, then looked to Luz, then back to them.

What do you say in this kind of situation?

The five of us sat in total and complete silence, just exchanging glances.

It felt like it had been an hour since somebody last talked, in reality I'm pretty sure it was only three minutes.

I realized I was still holding onto the web and leaning halfway backwards.

Very slowly I regained my balance and stood on my feet, letting go of the web.

All eyes turned to me while I stood in complete embarrassment.

My face was flushed red and I'm sure Luz's was too.

Did they see that it was Luz?

I realllyyyy hope not.

She was already nervous with me knowing, and I'm her girlfriend!

The silence was broken abruptly, piercing the air with it's sound.

"YOU'RE SPIDER GIRL!" Gus pointed at Luz before she shot a web over his mouth.

I wanted to laugh but I knew that was the complete wrong thing to do in this situation.

Willow and Boscha shot their heads over to look at what Luz did to Gus.

The small boy was looking at his mouth in shock, right where the webs glued his lips together.

"I am so sorry to do that! But please, I can not have anybody else knowing I'm here." Luz whisper shouted at the three who only nodded their heads.

Okay, okay! I can fix this! We just need to explain to them! Er.... More like lie to them.

Okay then! We need to come up with a believable lie! Not too hard. Right?

Luz let go of the web with her feet, allowing her to land on the ground peacefully.

Gus slowly peeled off a small side of the web, allowing him to just barley talk.

"Ell, cawn ei et lest geet een ateograph?"

"Not the time for that Gus!"

Boscha pushed the web back over his mouth, earning her a muffled 'hey' noise.

Almost immediately after, Willows face turned from one of surprise to anger.

Her attention directed towards me.

"Amity how could you do this to Luz!"

I was shocked by her remark. But mostly confused.

Do this to Luz? What did I do?