Chapter 23

Amity's POV:

"I'll be right back." Luz kissed me on the forehead, sprinting off towards the guy.

I sat behind the bush, staying out of sight like Luz said.

Her jacket was still over my shoulders. Such a cliche action, but one that brought me a lot of joy.

The wind was little to non existent. Only a light breeze brushing over my once and awhile. Cold non the less. The jacket did help though.

I peered around the side of the bush. Luz punched the guy, using a near by tree to swing off and hit them at different angles, paving the guy to throw knifes in every direction she was coming from, all though she dodged them every time.

Luz landed in front of a lamp post, regaining her fighting stance.

The guy walked closer to her, stopping a mere 15 feet away.

Still looking at Luz, the guy slowly raised an arm, pointing in my direction.

Shit-

I quickly moved directly behind the bush again, only watching through the leaves, barley being able to see.

No, nononononono-

I don't want to move. What if he sees me? He obviously already knows where I am... Shit...

Even through the shielding sight of the leaves, I could see Luz's shocked expression. An expression that turned into one of anger.

"No. Leave her out of this." She harshly growled, her voice seeming so distant with how far away they were.

The guy lowered their arm, turning their head towards me instead.

My heart stopped...

Even through the mask I could feel their piercing glare.

Okay Amity! A weird looking psychopath is chasing around your girlfriend and now staring at you in an odd way! Not too bad... Right?

The guy look towards one last time, nodding at her, then slowly walking towards me.

Okay it's bad-

The closer he got, the faster he sped up.

"Amity run!" Luz shouted, shooting a web that attached to his head, plodding as hard as she could, making him stumble back just a bit.

I got up, running to a nearby brick wall, crouching behind it.

Luz can handle this. I trust Luz.

If anything, I feel safer knowing Spider girl is Luz, rather then thinking it's some random person.

One this that is worrying me at the moment, is the fact that we're getting closer and closer to the edge of the park.

Luz gave the guy a hard punch in the face, barley affecting him. To which he responded by punching her hard in the stomach, sending into her backwards.

In the slight second he pulled his arm back, I saw a shine on his hand.

"LUZ!" I yelled out of instinct, the guys attention turning his attention back to me.

In a fast pace, he started speeding towards me, making me slowly take steps to drama in my distance from the guy.

Has Luz felt with this guy before? He seems like he knows what's going on. But why does he want me? Trust me, out of anything I don't want him to even hurt Luz. But what did I do?

I'm confused on why he would want to get me? Because of my family? The Blight name does hold some power but I didn't even dream of the day I would get hurt for it.

I turned to Luz, seeing her shoot a web out, connecting it to a somewhat large branch on the ground and swinging it as hard as she could in his direction.

"Don't you lay one fucking finger on her!" He voice was full of hatred and anger, something I had never expected to hear from Luz.

She's always filled with love and care, even when she's upset she always shows at least a little compassion. But right at this moment, she looked as if she had no care in the world on what her tone was.

The guy skidded across the grass, leaving long trails of dirt lines where his shoes dug in the ground.

Luz's hair hung loosely in front of her face. Each strand looking crazy and ruffled.

"Amity! Go run home right now! To Willows, or Gus's, or Boschas, I don't care, just get out of her right fucking now!" Luz glared at the man growling through her teeth.

"Luz what about-"

"I don't care about me, just please, please get somewhere safe!" Sadness flashed through her eyes, which was clear to see even if she wouldn't even look my direction.

I reluctantly turned away, sprinting across the grass, my shoes kicking off so I could run faster.

One thing I never did was throw the jacket off, I kept it on no matter what. It brought me some sense of safety.

Crashes and bangs were heard behind me, only encouraging me to run faster even if my breath was now being broken down and my lungs were begging me to stop.

I'm not the athletic type and I've already gotten to the edge of a massive park, I am running at full speed here...

A barrage of knifes flew just passed my head, hitting the grass in front of me.

A strained yelp escaped me.

Luz slid across the dirt, regaining her her stance and running back out of my view towards the man.

Tears sprang to my eyes, and even though I tried my vision got blurry making it hard to see through tears.

Run to my house, I can't risk having to explain Luz fighting some psycho knife killer to Gus and Willow.

I sprinted across the concrete, scraping the bottom of my feet.

Please be safe Luz...

Not proof read.

Short chapter.

Djdknfjcke dnfnmdjdndjd didndndjsinfusywv-