Chapter 28

Luz's POV:

I stopped in front of a tall building near the middle of the city.

The sand trail lead right through the cracks of the glass doors, going all the way across the floor on the inside.

I grabbed the handle, pulling the door open and limping inside.

A lady at the front desk stared at me as I went in, her smile impossibly wide.

"Hello ma'am! It's nice to meet you!" The women spoke in a creepily happy customer service voice.

"Hi..." I spoke back as it almost hurt to speak.

"We were expecting a visit from you miss Noceda! You're appointment will be starting soon! Please follow me in this particular direction!" She walked around the desk she was standing at, making her way down a small hall.

"Wait, miss lady person-" I limped as fast as I could after her, bringing antagonizing pain to my entire body.

"Miss, I don't have an appointment for anything, I'm just here to find a man in a cloak, if you know where he is please show me."

There was no response that came from her, only the clicking sound of her heels down the hall.

I furrowed my brows together.

"Hello? Are you even listening?"

I made my way beside her, clutching my stomach to help with the pain of the cut there.

The lady's smile still remained impossibly wide.

I went to poke her shoulder, only for my finger to pass through her.

"What the-"

The woman snapped her hand around, grabbing my wrist.

My spider scenes started ringing in my ears, never seeming to go down.

"Right this way please!"

"Let go of me!"

I pulled at my hand, trying to let her go but to no avail.

After trying a few more times, I lunged towards her, trying to see if I could knock her over, but I passed right through, skidding across the ground as a squeezed my eyes shut.

My breathing quickened.

When I brought myself to open my eyes I was no longer in a hall, and the lady was no longer there.

I pushed myself up, looking around where I was.

I was in a small concrete room with no doors and a single desk.

It was dark apart from the single desk light that illuminated some scattered papers on the desk.

Curiosity took over as I slowly made my way over to the desk, looking at the various news papers.

Most were from the New York Times, others were from various different new collections.

All had the same headline.

'Spider Girl Found Dead'

I felt my head start ringing more.

I'm not dead. I'm alive and breathing. I may not be in the best shape, but I'm not dead.

I took a news article in my hand.

'Spider girl and young teen found dead at Northhill. Company explained that they had no recollection of either of the two being there. For further inspection this clock tower is to be shut down for the time being as police dive deeper into their search. Due to light investigation by the chief, spider girl has been revealed to be a young teen named Luz Noceda, dead along side somebody she was presumed to be dating, Amity Blight. As we continue the builders community finds that-'