Chapter 8

Amity's Pov:

The screams of the bell filled the air, student's filling the large halls of Hexside.

Somthing about fading into the crowd made me feel better about my every day life. Blending in, never having tk worry about what others thought. Only problem was that's not the life I'm living every second. Other then the time's I'm walking alone, I'm either with my 'friend's' or worrying about my grades.

Not that it was ever a problem for me. I have always been a strait A student.

As a Blight, I am expected to be the best. It only comes with my title.

Only problem is one certain human. She comes here tearing down my wall's within weeks. The wall's I spent my entire life building.

She practically shined among all of the dull witches.

We had a rough start at the biginning, but we worked it out. I now I'm her friend.

Even if deep down I wanted to be more.

We still had Azura book clubs, of course. Only we don't tell anybody. For the sake of my title as a Blight, as much as it pains me, for all that the others know me and Luz Noceda are only acquaintances.

She was a lot less hyper then she was awhile back, and a lot more mature. But in my opinion she still was giddy and positive as ever.

To put it in perspective, it was adorable.

Heading over to class I pushed the door open, a small clip noise coming from the hinges.

Luz immediately caught my eye. She was staring at a blank paper, pencil in hand. Her head was resting on her plam as she sat. I could only assume she had a paper out to look like she was doing something.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought. That's such a Luz thing to do.

"Hey Amity!" Boshca whisper yelled, waving me over to the back of the class.

Drawing my attention away from Luz I started towards the back.

Boshca knew of the whole situation and was a part of it all. Along with me, all that others thought was that her and Luz were classmates and we were best friends.

Boshca was actually the person who helped me hide the fact I was still friends with Luz, Willow, and Gus. Along with Skara of course. Skara and Boshca were the only real friends I had in the popular group at the moment.

Because being serious we all knew Cat Levington was just a fake friend hiding behind a mask of rumors and makeup.

Oh what I would do to puch her in that smug face of hers.

I sat down next to Boshca, pulling out sheets and pencils.

"You know, I don't think we had enough time off. I mean like I'm fine after going out yesterday, but I would do anything to get away from math right now!" Boshca tapped her fingers agaisnt the wooden desk impatiently, even though the class hadn't even begun yet.

"Were fine. Plus we know this kinda thing's not going to happen again. Sure this is the Boiling Isles, but what are the odds people are going to ron a school. What would they want? Community funds?" I sighed looking up at the empty desk at the front of the room.

"Touche Blight. Touche..."

Our teacher walked into the room wearing shaded glasses and stumbling a bit over their own foot.

"Everybody shush! No yelling!" She sat down at the desk placing a hand on her forehead. Only thing was nobody was talking.

"Let's just get started shall we?" She groaned into her hands looking over the small class.