Chapter 27

Luz's POV:

I slowly began to open my eyes, an imminent throbbing in the back of my head.

Everything in my mind was ringing and it felt like my thoughts were were being torn like paper.

The muscles in my body felt weak, but they still worked even if I couldn't ball my hand in a proper fist.

I felt the blades of grass under palm, trying my best to grab the ground beneath me and push myself up.

Grunting in pain, I lifted myself up until I was on my hands and knees, dried blood staining the grass below me.

I don't think I've ever felt this much pain in my life. It feels like my organs are being torn into pieces.

I'm still wearing a white button up shirt and dress pants from mine and Amity's date. Though, I no longer had the jacket on.

Mine and Amity's...

Oh god Amity!

Did she make it somewhere safe?! Shit. I told her to run, but whoever that was, had a full out goal to get her, I don't think running would even be possible.

I don't get it! Why not just kill me and have it done with, why do they absolutely need to hurt somebody I love?

Quickly scampering to my feet I tried to burst into a sprint towards the city, only to feel my body go numb in pain and fall to the ground.

Short breaths fell from me as I looked to my leg.

The stitches were definitely toast. They were broken. They were gone.

My wound had reopened itself, fresh blood dripping from my thigh.

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit-

How have I not bled out?

Gashes were littered across my body, a relatively large one remaining on my stomach.

I stood up once more, using the little strength I had to stay standing.

The bright light shone down on me, only making me more exhausted.

It's already day. They've got to be long gone.

Sticking my arm out I waited to take the pressure off my leg, but no webs came.

"What the hell-" I whispered to myself as I tried again, feeling the normal welling in my arm when I tried, but still nothing came.

I took my arm away from the sky, bringing it towards me so I could look.

A small metal ball stood on the skin of my wrist right below my palm.

Grabbing the small item with two of my fingers I pulled on it, only to let out a small scream of pain.

As I took a deep breath I tried again. Pulling for a second time as the ball slowly detached itself from me while I screamed in agony.

My screams only stopped and were replaced with heavy breathing when the thing came off me, revealing a nail type item covered in red liquid.

The small puncture hole in my wrist started to bleed.

This item resembles a needle for piercing ears, but is like nothing I ever seen. It's longer than what they use for that stuff.

I tried once more to shoot  a web, but to no avail.

It doesn't matter, I just need to find Amity, nothing matters more than that.

I took slow steps towards where I last saw Amity head to, a small sand trail heading in the same direction that this masked guy went to. Probably being him who dropped it like a cookie trail.

This could not be a more obvious trap, but even if I had to be kidnapped for them to take me where Amity is, it would be worth it.

I don't think Amity got away. That's the most unsettling part.

What confirms it for me is that he left a trail, he wants me to come find her. And if he wants that then he has to have her with him.

Either that or he wants me to find him instead. But I doubt that.

If he wanted me to find him then he would have left a trail at the warehouse.

And if he wanted me to find him, then he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of finding me first, and ambushing Amity and I on our date.

Whoever this fucker is, he is going down for even touching Amity.

I slowly made it to the edge of the park, stepping out onto the side walk as I catches a few others glances.

No doubt that I would. I'm covered in wounds and blood.

That's got to be at least a little suspicious.

I kept following the small sprinkles of sand, feeling as if it went on for miles.

Along the way a few people tried to ask if I needed help, only for me to either ignore them or give them a small 'no thank you'.

He may have been leaving a trail of sand, but I had been leaving a trail of blood beside it, every step feeling harder to take than the last.

I felt like my leg was going to come off. This is most definitely the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

As much as I tried to ignore it, it was difficult.

It was so hard to ignore the burning pain from all my wounds, but Amity was more important.

I don't know what that fucker is going to do to her, but I wante- needed to get there before he even tried anything.

I saw what he had done in the warehouse. They have no care for any human life. Or life at all for that matter.

They said that if Amity dies I fall forever. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't just kill me.

Why did they have to bring Amity into this.

She did nothing wrong, she is the kindest and sweetest person I know.

I just don't want anything to happen to her.

The further along the sand trail I got the louder a small sound had gotten in my head.

It Haden's been there three minutes ago, yet it only seem to grow louder, disturbing all my thoughts.

It was a small hissing noise, like what were to happen if you poked a hole in an air tube, or punctured a small hole in an astronauts helmet while they were in space.

Loud but clear.

In an odd way it was peaceful, but right now I felt no peace.

I felt determined.

Not proof read.

BOOM! This story is back as well.

THIS MAMA IS READY FOR TRUAMA! Seriously though, get ready. It's about to get reallllllyyyy traumatic.

Buckle up bitches! We're going shopping for souls!