Chapter 5

Amity's Pov:

I fluttered my eyes open, light consuming my vision. My eyes soon adjusted to the light revealing The Owl House surrounding me. Looking around it seemed I was the only one awake.

Figures. I always had been a morning person, as for everybody else I could have assumed this would happen.

I was always first up. Weather it was first up at my house or even a sleepover, I was normally awake around an hour or two before anyone else.

Looking out the window the sun was low in the sky. By the position of the sun over the mountains I assumed it was around 6:00 AM.

Looking to my right there was Luz sleeping on the couch. My arms were wrapped around around her waist as I was leaning on her.

My face felt hot turning my face red. I jumped back falling off the couch with a thud. "OW!" Luz shifted her eyes opening slightly. "Amity? Are you okay?" The brown hair girl sat up staring down at me. Her beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me. They sparkeled in the sun and shone in the dark. No matter what they always were filled with light.

I stood up using my left hand to help me up. I folded my hands infront of me giving a blank stare, hoping she couldn't see through my visage.

"Yes I'm fine thanks for asking." I could feel a blush rising to my cheeks ask much as I tryed to suppress it. Because as most know, I'm a Blight. And Blights are proper and composed.

But I was with friends. Its not like if I did do anything crazy my parents would be here to see.

I really felt like I could be myself around Luz. But I wasn't just around Luz, I was also around Willow, Gus, Bosha, and Skara. Not to mention Skara's family was close friends with my family. Even if she was my friend, I couldn't be sure that she wouldn't tell her parents. And for sure her parents would tell mine that im 'out of line'.

"Okay then, well do you want anything for breakfast?" Luz started standing up and walking over to the kitchen.

"I'll have anything, I'm not picky." I really wasn't picky. I grew up with the  rule eat what's on your plate or go to bed hungry.

She pulled a pan out from under the counter placing it on a hot plate and turning it on.

While she was doing that I pulled out my scroll opening Penstigram. I laughed at a few posts I scrolled past, liking a select few of them.

There were quite a lot of posts about the new superhero. Nobody had seen any sign of the masked hero since she saved the school. But who would expect to, she was wearing a mask. I severely doubt she would just walk up and say 'hey everybody I'm the masked hero and I saved an enter school!' If this hero was keen on putting on a mask in the first place I don't think they would want to tell peolle who they are. Quite smart if you ask me.

And who knows maybe this hero would show up again.

Scrolling down a bit more there was a video on the front page of Cat Levingtons profile. It was a video of the entire fight between the criminals and Spider Girl, and at the bottom of the post the was the caption '#robbery#personalysaved OMG the new Spider Girl saved us from robbers breaking into the school! I'm terrified from the events that took place!'

Everybody in the comments were saying things like 'are you okay?' Or 'that must have been traumatic' which I had known it was only feeding into her ego.

"Lying little... Attention seeking..."

"Hey Amity you okay? Your kinda grumbling threats under your breath over there." She laughed a bit flipping over a golden brown pancake. "Yeah, everythings fine. Just Cat is being a suck up no good son of a!" "Language Amity!" Luz looked over to me a smile on her face. A beautiful smile. A smile that could light up my day.