Chapter 26

Amity's POV:

"Amity..."

"Amity."

"We're all here Amity."

"It's us Amity."

"All of us Amity."

"Listen to us Amity."

Voices rang out to me like a church bell in a silent field.

Who they belonged to though remained unknown to me.

I recognized none of them, but I could tell each one that talked was a different person.

Each of their voices sounded raspy. Almost frightening. Some slurred their s's when they talked, others sounded heavy on auto tune. But no matter who spoke I could tell where they stood in the room. Or wherever I was...

I couldn't open my eyes, my arms felt heavy, everything hurt.

I was left in a drowning darkness. Not as comforting as the darkness seemed before. It no longer looked peaceful. Only lonely and stressful.

Where was Luz. Better question, where was I?

I tried speaking, but my throat was dry and sore.

"Oh so she's awake, is she?" A voice to my right mumbled to what seemed like another person.

I didn't move a muscle.

How do they know my name?

"Ahhhh she is!" A voice like the one I heard near the alley laughed out

Honestly my mind wasn't wondering who the voices were.

What I was wondering was where Luz was.

It was the only thing I could think about.

Is Luz hurt? What happened to her? If Luz is hurt after trying to help me I'd never forgive myself.

"Amity." Another voice spoke in a soft tone, sounding like a snake hissing.

A small rattling noise filled the room.

"You're one of us now Amity." The same voice spoke, an array of laughter filling the room as it chuckled maniacally.

My panic only seemed to bring them more joy as I struggled against whatever was making me feel so weak.

I small sting emitted in my lower arm, slowly turning into a burn.

"You can feel it, can't you?" A voice spoke, followed by noises like metal clanking "One of my better serums. I would have loved to try out my more... intense mixtures. But, a certain somebody, WOULDN'T LET ME!" The voice yelled to another person, who was only mumbling words I couldn't understand.

"He's weaker than us. That's exactly why we do the heavy lifting, and he gets the supplies. We talked about this." A deep voice sighed in annoyance.

"Yeah sure we did! But I abandoned mine when it was ten! What does it matter if this ones a little different, he could have done the same!"

"Hush now! It's working."

Just as their little moment ended, my heart started to burn and my eyes started to tear over.

But in that moment I could only hope for one thing.

No matter wherever or whatever happens, Luz would come to save me.

Not proof read.

Yeah this was short. BUT IM LOW ON MOTIVATION SO HUSH!

I had to force myself to write this.

Okay byeeeeeee!

Have a good day, and thanks for reading!