Chapter 2 - The Man Behind the Mask

⚠️Violence, Abuse, Swearing and injury⚠️

Enjoy.
-A 💕

——————————————————————

Footsteps approached.

They were unhurried, almost casual. A person assured that they had all the power and time in the world.

They did he supposed. It's not like he could go anywhere.

The door made an unearthly sound as it was unlocked and pushed open on rusted old hinges, causing his head to throb.
He winced.

They stepped into the room.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't the man who captured him and held him at gunpoint, no. This was was someone new.
He stood tall and proud, a half smirk plastered on his face as he looked over at the man crumpled up in his cell, wrist bound.

His clothes were formal, he wore a dark suit, a shade of blue so deep it was almost black.
It looked as though it should be worn on the red carpet - either that or to a funeral.
It was finely made suggesting that this man was not just here for mindless violence, but that he meant business.

Whatever the fuck that may be.

His gaze was like a brand.

'Take a picture it might last longer.' He spits at the man in the suit.

His words were sharp and foreign. He knew he shouldn't annoy him but in that moment he couldn't stop himself.

The anger he held towards this man who had most likely had a part in shooting his fans and ripping him away from his life so easily brewed to the surface. Fear causing a surge of adrenaline and anger.

"There there Mr Styles," his half smirk broadened into a full eerie smile. "I'm glad to see that you are finally awake. You certainly took your time."

Harry said nothing, opting instead to keep his mouth shut.
Silently cursing himself for saying anything in the first place, Harry knew that he shouldn't have let him see how easily he got under his skin.

He knew now that his best option now would be to let the man drone on, tell him what the fuck he wants so he can then figure out how the hell he's going to get out of this damn hell hole.

"Why so quiet all of a sudden?' He pouted. "Guess you don't want to play after all. What a shame." He sighed, saying the last word with enough sarcasm that Harry knew, and dreaded, that this was just a game to him.

He looked the man in the suit over once again. He seemed young, but still slightly older than him. He had pale skin and dark hair seeming to effortlessly compliment his suit.

It would've been very easy to compare him to a mouse. His features were pinched and looked abnormal in a way.
He certainly wouldn't be considered good looking.

"Well Harry," he paused and looked at him feigning concern and politeness. "May I call you Harry?'

Harry stayed silent.

He could've sworn that a flash of annoyance passed over his features, but in a blink it was gone, replaced instead by his stone cold mask and and his intolerable, easy smirk.

"We'll go with Harry. Much more personal wouldn't you say." He tutted before casualty stepping closer.

He waved an elegant hand, gesturing to the cell. "So Harry, I'm sure that you are wondering whats going on and what all of this is about so to make this slightly easier I shall explain."

Harry almost rolled his eyes. Almost...
He felt like he was in a James Bond movie.
The idea was actually pretty laughable.

"This is what's going to happen." He continued.
"In a minute, I'm going to go to up to my friends, tell them that you are co-operating so that way they don't have to put a bullet into that pretty little face of yours. Seem fair?"

Harry cleared his throat knowing that if he didn't play the man in the suits sadistic game, he most likely wouldn't even worry about going upstairs before putting his own bullet into his head.
"What exactly am I co-operating with?" He asked. Keeping his voice neutral, trying to stop it from shaking with fear.

"Aha!" His entire face lit up. His emotion changing in the span of a second.

Harry couldn't help but compare it to the face of a child when they get a nice new shiny present on Christmas Day.
The thought made him grimace.

He began to speak again. "Well you see Harry, we..." he corrects himself. " I have a plan. I'm are going to make a phone call where I will demand an extremely, delightfully high ransom in return for your freedom. Then, I'll arrange a drop of point where I'll get the money and in exchange they'll get their pretty little Harry Styles back." He shrugs. "There's only one condition..." his face turns to stone. The sudden shift once again making his gut twist. "If you even try to think of screwing me over, getting the police involved or anything stupid like that and well, Harry I'll have to shoot you anyway." And just like that, the easy, causal smirk was back. His eyes alight as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

He walked towards him, eyes lit up with power and what Harry could only assume was madness.

He dragged those eyes over Harry's body.

He couldn't help the involuntary shiver that ran down him, leaving goose bumps in its wake.

He could've sworn his eyes darkened. 

"I'm going to step out into the hallway and make a call." Lust simmered in his gaze. "And then you and I are going to have some fun."

He dropped him a quick wink before he turned on his heel and stormed out of the room, making sure to lock the door behind him.

Harry couldn't help the tear that fell down his cheek as he listened to the man in the suit's retreating footsteps.

Or the tears that refused to stop falling for a long while until exhaustion finally dragged him into a fitful and painful sleep.

————————————————————————

Authors notes:
Well hello again lovelies! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Summary of events:
We know it's Harry whose been kidnapped and held. He's being held in exchange for ransom money.

Hope you all have a lovely day, afternoon, evening, wherever you may be.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Keep smiling, all the love,
-A 💕

WC: 1,073