Chapter 25 - Till Death Do Us Part

⚠️ TW: violence, injury, death and implied rape ⚠️

Last chapter with these ^ warnings. Ily all! Xx

———

Harry felt small, but surprisingly strong arms wrap around him.

They dragged him back, away from where he was holding his sisters slack body.

He thrashed against them, tears rolling down his cheeks as he watched Gemma bleed out, her eyes rolling back into her head.

People rushed towards her, outfitted in green, bright yellow writing inscribed on the back of their shirts.

But Harry couldn't read it.

His eyes were too blurry and the hands were too strong.

He kicked back, pulling away forcefully, tears falling from his eyes as a sob of rage and dispare escaped his lips.

"Haz, Harry, please-"

Harry instantly stilled, his body going weak as he collapsed back against his husband's small, fragile body.

He knew he would recognise his voice anywhere and a wave of extreme relief and exhaustion washed over him.

"Lou?" He breathed, voice strained. "Lou, please, Gemma, help, please."

Harry knew he was barely forming coherent sentences but could barely think past his pounding headache and painstakingly raw throat.

"Please, can you help her." He begged, gripping Louis arms tightly, his mind consumed with overwhelming grief and pain.

"Hazzie, shhh," he cooed, stroking his hair lovingly. "It's gong to be okay. The paramedics are helping her now. It's all going to be okay."

Harry nodded, finally relaxing in Louis arms.

He stilled when he heard shouting, his whole body becoming tense with anger and fear.

"You fucking fags. What the fuck is wrong with you both? Why can't you just be normal?" Simon's voice rose and Harry felt Louis still.

"That motherfucker." Louis cursed, appearing to only just notice Simon in the room.

Louis pulled away from Harry abruptly, kicking his leg out in front of him.

Simon didn't have enough time to move out of the way. He fell as the officers tried to escort him out of the room, face coming closer and closer to Harry and the floor.

Harry watched, with a slight smile on his lips as he came towards him, stretching his dominant arm out suddenly so his fist connected with the older mans face.

Blood sprayed and Harry couldn't help but feel a smug satisfaction settle in him as blood poured from Simon's now crooked nose.

Simon cried out in pain and Harry couldn't help the satisfied smile that spread across his face, mirrored, he knew, by Louis.

"You okay Baby?" Louis asked tentatively.

"Yeah." He replied, his voice thick with emotion. "I just- Gem." He murmured simply.

Louis felt his heart constrict as he wrapped his arms around Harry, fisting his hands in his shirt harshly.

"I swear to fucking God Harry, if you ever do that to me again we're getting a divorce."

Harry laughed, relaxing into the hug, gripping Louis to his chest tightly. "Not allowed." He muttered, pressing a light kiss to Louis' forehead. "You're never getting rid of me." He promised.