Chapter 24 - Flashbacks, Fights and Facades

Louis was starting to get really worried.

At the airport, they managed to get into the car with minor hassle from the public. Mitch was joining them and seemingly unfazed as he climbed into the seat next to Louis.

"Where are we going to start?" Liam asked, his hand stroking idly through his boyfriends hair as they shuffled into the car, putting seatbelts on with haste.

"I guess the best thing would be to go straight to Harry's house, even if he's not there its probably the best place to start."

Liam nodded, smiling slightly as Zayn grumbled when his hand stilled momentarily. "Okay, lets start there and if it's a dead end thats fine. We just need a place to start really."

Louis nodded, biting his thumbnail nervously, peeling the skin until it was an angry red.

They drove in silence and it was almost unbearable. It was all getting too much for Louis to take at the moment.

Not only did Harry break up with him but it was in the same way that he'd had to break up with him back in 2015. Louis thought back to the moment when he realised that his entire life was going to change.

———

Louis was nervous. Not your average nervousness, but an overwhelming, all consuming nervousness.

He was hoping to ask Harry to marry him. And he prayed to any god that may exist that Harry would say yes.

Words couldn't describe how much Louis loved Harry. People would try to explain their love for someone but for Louis it was always better. There was never a saying or an expression that could define how he felt and Louis loved to show his affection in other forms.

Harry had always been romantic, choosing to set up sunset dates and book out rooms in fancy restaurants. With Louis, he found that his love was always more practical, he tended to show Harry how much he loved him and normally it was in the smallest of gestures. Sometimes it would be in the way that Louis would brush up against him in interviews, or how he'd occasionally, on special occasions, change a pronoun or a lyric in his solo to relate to Harry. One of the best moments had been purely because Louis had decided to risk it all and tell Harry that he loved him in the middle of an interview. It had been caught on camera and had remained one of the top Larry proofs over the years.

Harry was Louis' and Louis was Harrys and there was no debating otherwise.

So Louis was going to ask him to marry him.

He'd decided, for once, that he was going to be the romantic one. Louis had transformed the black of one of their SUVs into a fairy tale tent of sorts. He'd put the seats down, stringing fairy lights around the tinted interior and filling the entire space with blankets and pillows, piles of snacks and unhealthy foods were scattered around and Louis smirked at the thought of Harry getting mildly annoyed that he would have to break his healthy eating program. It was only for a night, Louis thought, readjusting the pillows for a tenth time.

Harry soon pulled up, he'd told him to meet him at a location, not giving him any other details.

"Heya Baby." He called, dismounting from his motorcycle that Louis despised with his whole being.